• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Former BFE-RO members, let's reminisce.

The issue with both bfe and ic in my opinion is people can pick to sign up for a team for themselves. Buddies like to play with each other, in the end some guy often just got stronger buddies than the other team. Now 1 team being better than the other aint that bad. But having to play the same other team every week does get on someones nerve.

Thats the difference say with clan combat, there are some opponents you will not win against. Simply because a lack of devotion for the game. There are some teams as well you can never loose against. In the end everything ok but if you had to play the same team over and over again for a few months. After which usually like with bfe you play the same team again. Real hatery will form among the teams.

Once side will start suspecting the other side of cheaters and foul play.
The other side will call the entire other side weak and unstructured.

For this reason back in your old school basketball games teams were picked one by one. Based on skill, simply to make the skills of both teams equal. In something as big as a tournament this is unpossible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, this brings me back... I played BFE a loooong time ago, and a little IC, but in the end it was just too time demanding on life. I consider those matches to be amongst my best mp moments...
great to read about and see so many familiar names, even though I was just a grunt.

Now I find the "bickering" between russians and axis quite amusing, I even remember the Siggi/Krull fights...
hehe how time goes by.

Upvote 0
Haha, yeah I was 12 back then and was still a beast at RO. I don't think I remembered Mormegil's tory, but I'm sure it happened. :p Teamspeak was a really good time, especially the really tense moments.

My favorite moment was using the PPSH on Kopalnia. I mowed down like 15 Germans in the narrow hallways in like 45 seconds. And then a couple of them said in public chat on accident (because you weren't allowed to use public chat), "WTF?" and similar interjections of despair. It was great. That earned me my Elite Close Combat Certification. Haha.

Upvote 0
I made 2 videos, that one, and the christmass battle with panzerfausts in space. wish I had them, but I think I lost them somewhere in my old computer, anyone here still have them somewhere in their HDs? =(

Found the fun fight and uploaded it to youtube. RO-Arena, RO-TruckRace and RO-Torlan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbozP1E7ZY8

Upvote 0
I never played Axis side, but I got the feeling they were more committed. I agree most of the Allied players were pubbers like me.

I recall waiting around during practice with barely anybody showing up. I count myself as somebody that didn't have the time for BFE/IC necessitated. I was one of those players happy to have a good time without necessarily winning (though it's more fun when we win).

We tended to have more older players (some in the 50s and 60s - like "The Donald"), people with families working full time. So time committments were an issue.

If that's the case, it's not too surprising we didn't do as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0