• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Web Admins with over 100 weapons on their dedicated servers...

NeedlesKane

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Big D
For a single GameConfig what's the most weapons you have successfully gotten to work without making the server crash? Before I was forced to remove some weapons after adding a few CustomCharacters in my ServerPerks.ini I was able to have 136 weapons (or 7,012 characters). With 7,013+ characters my server crashes after a map change.

My goal is to figure out a way to add all of my weapons. If anyone is able to successfully get more weapons to run successfully can you let me know how you went about doing so? I really don't want to go through my 255 weapons and figure out which ones I can do without. That will take way too long.

Edit: Now I am actually limited to something under 7,000 characters in the ServerPerks.ini. I don't know if there is a limit between all of the server files added together in characters, but I am starting to think that is the situation. I'll just wait for some expert advice now.

Last edited:
I am still not certain what the cause is, but it definitely has nothing to do with how many characters are in the file. It is something else for sure. It's also not a total weapon limit as I have ended up with different numbers of weapons. Here is a crash report after a vote change:

Spoiler!

Any idea what a possible fix would be?

Upvote 0