• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Poeple That Cannot Start The Game

Runtime error

Runtime error

I kept getting the runtime redorchestra.exe error everytime i started the game. The little intro screen would come up followed by the error.

What i did was:

I redownloaded my video drives from my manufacter (ATI mobility 9800 from Dell's site)

and then i redownloaded direct x 9.0c or whatever its called.

IT WORKED.

Upvote 0
To users getting the Runtime error:

Can you try this (see below). Particularly those who have AMD Athlon64 and above and Pentium 4 Prescott and above processors:
  1. Log on to Windows with administrative privileges.
  2. Click Start->Control Panel->System.
  3. In System Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
  4. In Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
  5. In Startup and Recovery window, click Edit.
  6. In Boot.ini, add the /NoExecute=AlwaysOff option.
Example Boot.ini:

[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=AlwaysOff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nothing Works

Nothing Works

Just bought Red Orchestra and every time I start ; Blue screen of Death (BSoD).

- I have ZA installed....but turning it off does not make any difference (all tests below done with Microsoft Firewall instead of ZA).

- When recovering from BSoD, get a message from Microsoft:
"Error caused by a video device driver
Thank you for sending an error report to Microsoft.
Error report summary
Error type
Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available?
Yes
What does this error mean?
You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
Cause
A video adapter device driver
Computer symptoms
A message appears on a blue screen with error code information:

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
- or -

STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

Action for you to take
We have analyzed your error report and there are two solutions for this problem for you to choose between.
+ Solution 1: Install the most current driver for your video card +
+ Solution 2: Manually decrease Hardware Acceleration for your video adapter "

- Done both above....to no avail...
- Have done the fix for for ZA (shouldn't matter as it is shutdown anyway), i.e added -"clientbeta fs in games properties"....didn't help.

- "Delete RedOrchestra.ini and User.ini files": Can't do it, files don't exist.
- "Click verify integrity of game cache"- done it...didn't make any difference.
- "Delete your Red Orchestra directory" - done that too.
- RedOrchestra.log and minidump-v3339.dmp do not exist on my hard disk!!!...sorry can't send them.

My system:

Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 2128 Mhz
1 logical processor
1 physical processor
HyperThreading: Unsupported
RDTSC: Supported
CMOV: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE: Supported
SSE2: Supported
3DNOW: Unsupported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

IP Address: 10.0.0.XXX

Windows Version:
XP Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) (32 bit)
NTFS: Supported

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX
DirectX Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.10.8194
DirectX Driver Version: 6.14.10.8194
Driver Date: 4 Nov 2005
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x99
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Desktop Resolution: 1280 x 1024
Primary Display Size: 9.84" x 7.87" (12.60" diag)
25.0cm x 20.0cm (32.0cm diag)
Primary Display Type: DFP Laptop
Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
Primary AGP GART Not Detected
Primary VRAM: 256 MB
Primary Monitor Vendor: NVIDIA
Primary Monitor Model: Laptop Display
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x

Game Display Settings
Half-Life 2 Resolution: 1600 x 1024 (Fullscreen)
Half-Life 2 MSAA Level: 6x
HL2DM Resolution: 1600 x 1024 (Fullscreen)
HL2DM MSAA Disabled
Counter-Strike: Source Resolution: 1600 x 1024 (Fullscreen)
Counter-Strike: Source MSAA Disabled

Day of Defeat: Source Resolution: 1600 x 1024 (Fullscreen)
Day of Defeat: Source MSAA Disabled
Lost Coast Resolution: 1600 x 1024 (Fullscreen)
Lost Coast MSAA Level: 2x

Sound card:
Audio device: Realtek HD Audio output

Memory:
RAM: 1022 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: Invalid Lang

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: Invalid Language
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 73877 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 14694 Mb

WHAT's NEXT???? :eek:

Is RO a waste of time... ? .....:(

Upvote 0
help needed

help needed

still got the same problems after i deleted the redorchestra.ini and user.ini. tried everything from defragging, reinstalling the program, deleting tht clientblog, attaching "clientbeta fs", verfying files in local folder, checking disc, updating the video driver, changing directx v9 to directx SDK (i dont know the difference either), and dismantling my whole pc-- my last hopeless resort. but to no avail the problem still persists. here under is the message i got when i tried to run the game:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2415 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX (8421)
General protection fault!
History: UD3D9RenderDevice::ReadPixels <- UD3D9RenderDevice::present <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX
2 GB RAM
400 GB SATA hardisk
MSI K8N Neo4-54G Motherboard
450 Watts PSU
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

Upvote 0
Hi Knutte,

Can you post your latest minidump?

Run the game again when it BSOD/restarts, note the date and time. Then go to C:\Windows\Minidump and look for a dmp file with the same corresponding date and time as the BSOD. Post the dump here.

Example, if the error happened today, 04/16/2006, the dmp file you'll be interested with will have the name mini041606-01.dmp. Note: the last two digits, 01 in this example, corresponds to the number of BSODs that happened on that date. If you had two BSODs in one day then you'll have mini041606-01.dmp and mini041606-02.dmp. The latest of course is mini041606-02.dmp.

Upvote 0
Here is my minidump file

Here is my minidump file

kAMIKAZE said:
Hi Knutte,

Can you post your latest minidump?

Run the game again when it BSOD/restarts, note the date and time. Then go to C:\Windows\Minidump and look for a dmp file with the same corresponding date and time as the BSOD. Post the dump here.

Example, if the error happened today, 04/16/2006, the dmp file you'll be interested with will have the name mini041606-01.dmp. Note: the last two digits, 01 in this example, corresponds to the number of BSODs that happened on that date. If you had two BSODs in one day then you'll have mini041606-01.dmp and mini041606-02.dmp. The latest of course is mini041606-02.dmp.

Hi Kamikaze,

Have attached the minidump file .

Thanks

Attachments

• Mini042106-01.zip
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hi Knutte:

Your minidump points to vsdatant.sys as the faulting driver. Vsdatant.sys is part of Zone Alarm. If still do not know Zone Alarm has a conflict with Steam/Red Orchestra. You have two options:

1. Uninstall Zone Alarm.
  2. Use the Zone Alarm crash workaround from Valve. Please see this thread for the proper procedure http://redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6017
Here are the screenshots of what you need to change to dowload the Zone Alarm crash workaround from Steam.

Upvote 0
Kamikaze saved my day!

Kamikaze saved my day!

Thanks for yor help Kamikaze....very much appreciated.

I would like to add the following that might be of help to other users with the same problem:

• I had already tried the Steam fix for Zone Alarm, however it never helped :( ;
  • I had also shutdown Zone Alarm before launching RO....to no avail..:(;
  • Since Kamikaze insisted that the problem had to do with Zone Alarm, I uninstalled ZA..and ...wow.....RO started no problem..:) ;
  • I reinstalled Zone Alarm (same version, i.e. the latest) and RO started again no problem..:) (note that I didn't change the fix....this is still in place);
Would be interesting to know if a fix could simply be to uninstall & reinstall Zone Alarm....well I'm not going to try it .... I don't want to change a winning team!

A note on Zone Alarm: A couple of years ago I upgraded Zone Alarm on another PC and had a really bad time....PC refused to start unless in Safe Mode. Fix was to start in safe mode, uninstall Zone Alarm & reinstall the earlier version:confused:

At the time I searched the web and came across another free firewall, i.e. Kerio. This firewall is still installed on my old PC & I have never had any problems with it....highly recommended. God only knows why I reverted to Zone Alarm when I got my latest PC :mad: ... probably because everybody else uses it...yes I am a bloody idiot :p . For those interested, Kerio may be downloaded from:

http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio.cfm

Anyway thanks again Kamikaze.....:D

rgds
Knutte

Upvote 0
Game will not start.

Game will not start.

I've been through all of the suggestions posted at the start of this thread to no avail. I have never installed Zone Alarm.

I run an AMD 2100 processor, 1 gig of ram, GeForce 5900 Ultra. I updated my DirectX and Video drivers prior to any of the troubleshooting I performed.

I included both of the files recommended, (the RedOrchestra log is blank however).

I used the WinDbg program and was able to see that the SteamDvr.sys was cited as a possible example, so I modified the registry entry as noted in the thread about having an issue signing in under limited access. (Which doesn't make sense as I am the only user/admin on this computer).

Thanks for any help getting this resolved, looking forward to getting into the action.

Thanks,
Aatrex

View attachment RedOError.zip

Edit - I've played around with it more and pulled a different dump file error out. Posting it here.

View attachment Mini042106-03.zip

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Aatrex,

Can you try uninstalling Red Orchestra and Steam, run a registry cleaner called CCleaner, run chkdsk /f /r command on your hard drive, defrag your hard drive and then reinstall Steam and Red Orchestra in that order?
Note: Make sure when you uninstall Red Orchestra and Steam that the Steam folder in C:\Program Files gets deleted.

Then try to run Red Orchestra. If you get a BSOD post a copy of the minidump created by the BSOD.

I looked at your minidumps. The first one mentions Steamdvr.sys. This is the first time I encountered a BSOD mentioning Steamdvr.sys specifically. The other minidump mentions ntfs.sys.

I think Steamdvr.sys got corrupted. How you might ask? Your hard drive could be getting bad, i.e., developing bad sectors. The chkdsk /f /r command will tell you this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0