• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Flex Fluids

bass361

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
Why is it that Flex fluids disables its self in game? Like 30 seconds in the fluids start to fall through the ground, and then by about round 5 or so it's just plain disabled completely. I'm talking popping zed heads and no fluids at all. Is this some sort of fail safe for when there is too much going on so cards dont burn out or something?

It's been nugging me for some time and was just wondering if anyone had an answer.

It seems to be able to be replicated if I go into solo normal and grab like 15-20 clots and throw a grenade. The game turns into an FPS **** storm and the fluids basically get completely disabled. So not only are the fluids not being rendered at all, but for some reason the game tanks to 10-15 FPS. It's very strange, and I doubt its my PC. I'm not running a super PC by any means, but when most settings are either medium or turned off on a GTX 970; I think I should have no problem running the game.

Upvote 0
Yes, this is the case with me as well, but for the sake of the devs I'm just throwing out a quick way to replicate this issue. When I get about 5-6 waves in either the flex fluid is falling through the floor or completely absent. I wonder if this issue is even known, as flex is very GPU intensive and alot of people probably can't even use it. Still I hope this issue gets addressed at some point because it is such an amazing looking and immersive feature. I almost feel like I'm actually killing a living creature when blood starts flowing out there open necks, and honestly the fluids are really what keeps me playing after I get 25 with a perk. This level of fluid simulation is mind boggling, and deserves to be seen by everyone. So PLEASE TWI fix this issue and try to optimize so that everyone can use fluids!

Upvote 0