• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fleshpound Mechanics - Question

-If he rages, he never stops
-He sometimes ignores you when you stay in front of him ( I think thats a overall zed problem)
-He starts raging after 15secs after spawn, even if he doesnt see anybody. ( In KF1, he had to see you for 10-15secs to rage)

and btw, this is a great idea to improve the communication! Keep it up!!

Upvote 0
I don't feel like the FP is different so much as the new mechanics related to him are. I.E. Zed-wide perma-rage (if you have two FPs and a Scrake left in your last 5 zeds, good luck), parrying feels off with his attacks, and there's no Sharpshooter to help squash him from afar.

Personally, I'm okay with how much punishment he can dole out, but they have way too dang much health on Sui+. He feels more tanky than anything, where I feel like he serves best as a party disperser because of his damage and knock back.

Upvote 0
-If he rages, he never stops
-He sometimes ignores you when you stay in front of him ( I think thats a overall zed problem)
-He starts raging after 15secs after spawn, even if he doesnt see anybody. ( In KF1, he had to see you for 10-15secs to rage)

and btw, this is a great idea to improve the communication! Keep it up!!

1) Can you give me an example for this, to my knowledge the only way to drop him out of rage was for him to hit someone
2) Thanks!

Upvote 0
I think the thing that upsets most people is the fact that this time around the FP will rage always after a certain time has passed from when he saw you.

In KF1 you could cheat the FP rage by breaking line of sight of him and then wait a couple of seconds and attack him again and repeating the process. It took skill to keep him calm while chipping away his health safely.

Now no matter what he will always rage after seeing you after a certain duration and endangers everyone no matter how skillfully you were taking care of him. FP's are no longer something any perk can take on if skilled enough, but instead "raid bosses" that need to be taken out instantly or they become a major (usually fatal) threat.

You can no longer postpone dealing with FP's and instead you are always forced to deal with them instantly or you're fracked.

Upvote 0
I think the thing that upsets most people is the fact that this time around the FP will rage always after a certain time has passed from when he saw you.

In KF1 you could cheat the FP rage by breaking line of sight of him and then wait a couple of seconds and attack him again and repeating the process. It took skill to keep him calm while chipping away his health safely.

Now no matter what he will always rage after seeing you after a certain duration and endangers everyone no matter how skillfully you were taking care of him. FP's are no longer something any perk can take on if skilled enough, but instead "raid bosses" that need to be taken out instantly or they become a major (usually fatal) threat.

You can no longer postpone dealing with FP's and instead you are always forced to deal with them instantly or you're fracked.

Thank you, that is very useful!

Upvote 0
In short.

The timer on his rage (buildup) resets when acquiring a new target in KF1 or when taking a swing (missing counts) at anything. The Rage (itself) will only break with a succesful hit or after a short period of time.

In KF2 he will rage always after seeing someone for the first time after a while (15 sec or so) and the only way to derage is for him to actually hit something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It felt more manageable in KF1 because you could control the rage by hiding/running away. In KF2 he just rages on his own, often times before you even see him he's already red and sprinting at you. Combine this with infinite rage at the end of waves and teleporting mechanics putting a raging FP just around the corner, if you're not a zerker you're screwed.

Maybe make his power core more susceptible to bullets so gun classes like Commando and Support have more chance to damage him. Overall the FP feels much more spongey this time around.

Upvote 0

For me personally, his combo follow up attacks can feel very cheap in KF2, especially for the slow classes. They seem to have a lock on of some sort, but I could be totally wrong on that.

Upvote 0

This. Also, the perma rage at 5 zeds left is a horrible, horrible thing and should be removed, or at least SCs and FPs should not be affected by that mechanic.

Upvote 0
Hey everybody,

I've seen it come up multiple times that the Fleshpound in KF 1 was different from KF 2 in terms of mechanics. I am trying to document what exactly those differences are. Can you guys/gals point me in the right direction?
I made a thread a couple days ago where it didn't make sense to me what exactly the mechanics were.

Regarding the KF2 fleshpound, according to the simplecat stats, it's 10-14s from when he first sights a player to when he rages; irrespective of whether he's hit a player in between. So hitting a player pre-rage doesn't affect his rage timer - intuitively, you'd think hitting a player would reset the timer, but if his rage initiation is 10-14s [let's say 12s this time] from when he first sights a player, and he hits you at the 9s mark in that timer, he'll still rage three seconds later.

If hitting a player is his trigger for no longer being enraged, you'd think that hitting a player pre-rage would also reset the timer.

Edit: to illustrate, I made a short video here:

https://youtu.be/B5YQGnZ5QO4

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This. Also, the perma rage at 5 zeds left is a horrible, horrible thing and should be removed, or at least SCs and FPs should not be affected by that mechanic.

With Scrakes, it's somewhat manageable since you can outrun them just by sprinting. With Fleshpounds, they never stop raging even if they hit someone, and they can outrun every class in the game. So you might as well empty your clip into his face and hope for the best.

Upvote 0
In KF1 zerker could also hit FP in the head with a heavy attack with the fire axe or sword once every few seconds without raging him. That was how you were supposed to kill him with zerk. Walk up and hit, back up so he swings and misses (which reset the rage timer), then go back in. You did that until he got decapped or died. This is impossible now.

New FP you cannot walk up to, hit and escape without being hit unless you get a knockdown, cause him to rage or have zed time up. He seems to be magnetized in this game. Every one of his attacks has some sort of built in lunge that makes it impossible to dart in an out like you could before.

Old FP also did not have have ridiculous combo attacks like the triple jump which is impossible to dodge and almost kills you from full hp and armor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If I'm not mistaken.

This time around, the attack range of Fleshpound as well as the actual reach of its attacks had both increased to the extent that it can -- hence will immediately follow up a couple of attacks, which generally offers absolutely no room for possible evasion as its victim just got damaged and heavily slowed (due to a big drop in their health.)

*edit: I know bash is a counter-play for FP's follow ups, but that's isn't reliable due to the cool down mechanic. And somehow it doesn't always works.

Secondly, the frustration mechanic seems not fading correctly, or behaving like what players are expecting. As I recall how it was back to KF1, Fleshponud can not be immediately/seamlessly re-enraged after it lands the attack that suppose to disengage it from rage mode for at least a couple of seconds (then run the rage procedure to rage again if enough of frustrations via either idle or damage are felt.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How to make FP fun (it's way better then on 8th april - until major overhaul):
1. Never rage him unless damaged or he sees you for too long instead of lame *** timer
2. Make sure he slows down after he hits you on rage so slow perks can escape from him, not just fast ones without getting hit again

Upvote 0
you were able to de-rage fps in kf1 without getting hit yourself, because he would de-raged when hitting a welded door while chasing you, so that was actually viable to slow him down. now welding a door behind you will buy you almost no time and he ll keep raging so there really is no point...

other tactics no longer possible are kiting an fp as zerk or medic by getting close enough for him to attack and then quickly doging it and as any perk without speed boost, dealing damage below rage threshold and breaking line of sight in regular intervals. those two methods were hard to pull off properly but very rewarding as you could kill an fp without it ever raging.

also when a fp charged you in kf1 you could still hit his head, which is now very hard to do because of the meat grinders he holds up.

ofc there is also the fact that fp in kf1 would only rage when players were in sight, whereas in k2 they will rage even if there is no one close to them.

Upvote 0