• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firebug Buffs

Firebug Buffs

• 120 of Fuel.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Add an extra clip to the flame

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
Fire bug does not need extra ammo or gas tanks. Just like every one else said it makes the class to ez. Maybe it should have a alternate fire that uses up 2x as much ammo but does more damage or changes the fire from a stream to a wider fan/wall of fire. It also should get a tier 3 weapon maybe a fire axe that's on fire? Or does fire nades count as 3 weapons?

Upvote 0
Fire bug does not need extra ammo or gas tanks. Just like every one else said it makes the class to ez. Maybe it should have a alternate fire that uses up 2x as much ammo but does more damage or changes the fire from a stream to a wider fan/wall of fire. It also should get a tier 3 weapon maybe a fire axe that's on fire? Or does fire nades count as 3 weapons?
Ah... Alternate fire for the flamethrower, I'd like to see.
I always imagined it'd be nice to have an alternate fire in the flame thrower, which consumes say; 10 ammo, and puffs out a circular fireball that fades over distance. Instead of using the single fire line to take down a mob in a corridor, fire a fireball... I'd also imagined something pretty much exactly similar to what I just said; Except that it explodes on impact, and would basically be like the Incindenary grenade.
But, that's just thinking silly, isn't it?

I remember someone on another thread mentioning that, the issue with firebug is their core feature; Burning. That it takes too long to burn things (Like how in harder levels, Gorefast can still get to you before burning out, unless you spray it.)
Personally, I don't find that ammo is what's wrong with Firebug at the moment, but a general lack of fire burny-ness. The firebug already has the best ammo capacity (Though, not magazine/tank capacity since it is limited to like; 4 or something) to wildly spray around. Why double that...?
Though I wouldn't have a clue how you could change (After)Burning damage that wouldn't make it overpowered...

Upvote 0
Anyone thought of buffing the "crisp up" effect rather than buffing the weapon iteself? It would make FB more powerful/useful without buffing his damage. Just a thought.

It's been mentioned. For some reason it's either met with "Meh, could be good" or "I hate it" responses, despite it being a good idea.

IMO, right now the afterburn damage not scaling up with difficulty is the Firebug's biggest issue and adding some sort of Crisp Up buff would probably help that a good bit.

Upvote 0
Firebug is one of my main perks, I've been using it since 2009ish. Personally I don't think it needs much of a buff... the flamethrower is great crowd control already, if you're running out of ammo too early into waves, then you need to start relying on your team mates or Mac 10 more.
It's always a good idea to use the Mac 10 to take care of the more sparsely populated zed groups and save your flamethrower ammo for the large groups that show up... one good quick burst and they're all on fire and the weaker zeds will die within seconds, leaving the bigger zeds weakened and easy targets for your sharpshooters or supports who will no longer have to deal with the crawlers and stalkers who might jump up and take their focus off of the scrakes and what not.

I'd like to see one more solid weapon for teh bug though, just for varieties sake.

Upvote 0
Good idea actually. If the Firebug is buffed a buff to rank up the crisp effect in one way or another is the way to go. Personally I like the idea of time more than anything, since increasing the speed at which things crisp would throw off my firebug timing clock :)

I'm not convinced the Firebug needs a buff personally, but if something like this is introduced it still keeps the perk in its intended role.

Should a buff be needed, this is the one I would back.

Nice job :rolleyes:

Upvote 0