• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Female Red Army soldiers

My sentiments exactly about this whole topic.

Female snipers are a novelty at best, and other than snipers I think women would mostly do rear-lines work such as medical services and supply line drivers. A fair number were pilots, but Red Orchestra is an infantry and armor game. Lets face it, men are just a lot better at killing each other :p

Reactions: Direct
Upvote 0
in a game with mkb42, i see nothing wrong with this suggestion. plus the fact that women fighters actually played a part in stalingrad.

i can't help but think behind the excuses, there's some sort of sexism going on. and it's pretty much confirmed by some of the "joke" comments. as we know, jokes are a reflection of our values.

thanks.

Upvote 0
women were used in front line combat in Stalingrad as you guys stated,how many i have no idea but the number would be low

Soviet female rifleman in Stalingrad 42
trench.jpg

Tatiana Fematova - a sniper who got 132 kills during the battle
tatiana.jpg

I forgot their names but there were 2 Kazakh female snipers who racked up a lot of kills in Stalingrad

say if you got 25/30 players on a team - I think their should be no more than 2 female soldiers. Female soldiers included or not I don't mind

Upvote 0
The argument "because they were there" really isn't enough to implement them - there are dozens of things that aren't in the game that were there in reality.

If you realistically implement women then you'll allow a very small percentage of players to actually be one...so what's the point? It's entirely superficial, unlike the inclusion of the mkb42... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
I found out there was over 2000 female snipers in the Red Army during WW2. I don't know how big of a percentage that is in comparison to male snipers though. But if you gave the option to be a female sniper, and sense most people that play RO are guys and most guys think it's lame to play a girl in a video game, it will make its self rare.

Upvote 0
Personally I think it would be a dis-service to all the women who lost their lives in Stalingrad, and on the Eastern front in general if they where not at least portrayed to an extent.

Seeing as though Ro2 is shaping up to be a pretty revolutionary game, apparantly, I think the inclusion of female soldiers would give further credibility to the title.

I mean alot of people atest this game to allow the only oppertunity to play as the Germans in an FPS, imagine the uproar when you can also play as women.

I think it would definately be a welcome addition and quite beneficial to the franchise and possibly to female gamers, who may feel a little more liberated being able to play as their own sex for once - imagine if us men had to always play as women :?

Why not just have a simple Male/ Female player model choice when you first create your account, to which after you have chosen your desired sex, you can no longer change your selection. I doubt men would go, "what the hell Ill be a women" (even though the know full well that they would have to be a women indefinately) - if they did it would show they didnt think being a femal was a novelty, i.e having to play as them for ever. At least this way female characters may actually be controlled by females and male characters by men.

Sturm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Thousands" of female soldiers? Wow! Still, that has nothing on the 1.1 million male soldiers that saw combat in Stalingrad.

So in a realistic sense, that means out of every 336 male soldiers you'd see one female soldier. One female soldier per game, and she'd likely get shot right out of the spawn, sounds worthwhile..

Russian sniper playermodel to be female all/most of the time
While a great deal of the female infantry filled the role of snipers, there were even more men filling the job.

I'm not really against the idea, but it hardly seems worthwhile to create a new player model and it's animations for a soldier that would spawn once out of every 336 tickets. I just don't think it's going to happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since theres a ranking system in this game, maybe female characters could have their breast size slowly get bigger as they advance in rank.

And as their rank progresses, their uniform begins to tatter, revealing more of their bodies.
I know you say this tongue in cheek but this is precisely the kind of BS that will rear its ugly head if women avatars are brought into the game. It gets so friggen old and and is so friggen sophomoric. The prepubescent 7-22 year olds can't resist......And then whats next? The ubiquitous "I slept with your mom last night?"

Upvote 0