• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Feel like its too easy? Add more then, don't nerf

You're starting to sound like a broken record dude. I'm starting to think you're just terrified of change. As you tell it, games should have one release and never update, because things won't be exactly the way they were before.

I'm sorry if your too dim to realise how unbalanced the game has become since the update. New guns? Great, a few things that were needed. New specimen? Great, he had a PURPOSE. New maps? Great. New perk levels? Unnecessary, and almost certainly needed to change nothing but the gun you spawned with, but thats still power creep.

Perhaps you want to see the game deteriate into something where enemies can kill you in 1 hit, but thats fine, you can kill them in 1 hit. I'd rather it stay balanced.

Upvote 0
Yes, because that's exactly what I want, to kill everything in one hit. Oh, you sure nailed me.

Please.

It's funny how you can list everything that's good about the update, then myopically focus on the one thing you DONT like and proceed to go into "old man shaking his cane at those damn kids" mode.

I'm sorry if your too dim to realise how unbalanced the game has become since the update. New guns? Great, a few things that were needed. New specimen? Great, he had a PURPOSE. New maps? Great. New perk levels? Unnecessary, and almost certainly needed to change nothing but the gun you spawned with, but thats still power creep.

The new perk levels barely changed anything beyond the gun you spawn with. So effectively, you're *****ing on principle? Glad we got that sorted out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, because that's exactly what I want, to kill everything in one hit. Oh, you sure nailed me.

Please.

It's funny how you can list everything that's good about the update, then myopically focus on the one thing you DONT like and proceed to go into "old man shaking his cane at those damn kids" mode.

If you feel like whining at me for no reason i fail to see why i shouldn't make assumptions about you either. So next time, zip it if you've got nothing intelligent to say, ok?

Key word there, BARELY. What part of this are you failing to understand? It was an increase, and the next time they add more guns and decide to add a perk level too for no reason? Another 'barely'? Try seaching for the word 'Creep' until you actually figure out something intelligent to say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Calling me stupid doesn't make your point any more valid.

I don't think I'm whining at you. I'm just baffled how you can mouth the same thing in every thread since the update, freaking out about the increase in power.

If you didn't think there was going to be 'creep' the minute you bought KF, you've been deluding yourself. 'Creep' is half the reason people who didn't play the original mod bought this game. TWI said they would do content updates from day 1. The perk system set you up for it. The scaled perk bonuses set you up for it. What exactly did you think was going to happen?

So, as I and others have asked you multiple times, why are you still here? You've bought into a game that is going this way, and now you're going to ***** about every minimal increase? Ye gods, get over it or gtfo. Or did you pay your $15 for exclusive rights to complain about something you knew was going to happen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Calling me stupid doesn't make your point any more valid.

If you didn't think there was going to be 'creep' the minute you bought KF, you've been deluding yourself. They said they would do content updates from day 1. The perk system set you up for it. The scaled perk bonuses set you up for it.

So, as I and others have asked you multiple times, why are you still here? You've bought into a game that is going this way, and now you're going to ***** about every minimal increase? Ye gods, get over it.

You didn't even bother commenting on what i said, just chose to whine generically at me and then you seemed to be under the impression i should give a damn about the opinion you didn't even post? I call that stupid yes.

Funnily enough no i didn't. Content update does not mean 'Increase in perk level + bonus'. New guns is something to be expected, i would've just assumed they'd be properly balanced. The price is barely a consideration when you hit max level with the discounts and these 'tier 3' weapons can be bought immediately and Tier 1/2 can be skipped almost entirely. That is not balance.

Then apparently you and others should ask yourselves "Am i really that stupid that i'm assuming the wrong thing?".

Upvote 0
You didn't even bother commenting on what i said, just chose to whine generically at me and then you seemed to be under the impression i should give a damn about the opinion you didn't even post? I call that stupid yes.
My, touchy aren't we? You've been making the same, one-sided argument in every thread. "Power creep is bad," "They didn't balance it 'right'" "The game shouldn't have more than five perk levels," and on. You know my opinion if you've actually been reading what I've been saying.

Funnily enough no i didn't. Content update does not mean 'Increase in perk level + bonus'.
Well, you failed to see what most KF players saw, and were looking forward to.

ew guns is something to be expected, i would've just assumed they'd be properly balanced.
They aren't that unbalanced. They could use some tweaking, surely. Again, why don't you quit exaggerating and actually give the job TWI did the credit it deserves. I play with a consistent group of 8 people, and the guns haven't magically made us able to dominate the game. Don't even bother with the 'you suck' line, it won't find any traction with me. If you wanna actually talk about balance, let's talk balance. But spare us all the flailing and exaggeration. We get that you don't like the update.

The price is barely a consideration when you hit max level with the discounts and these 'tier 3' weapons can be bought immediately and Tier 1/2 can be skipped almost entirely. That is not balance.
This is something we can actually talk about. At Rank 6, the AA12 still costs 1199 pounds. That's more expensive than the DB was at Rank 5. So it's not balanced 'enough'. But it's proportional. Not all the weapons are as proportional as the AA12, and could have their costs revisited. The M14 especially. Tier 3 weapons find their way into the hands of Rank 6 players too readily, that I agree with.

But, Tier 1 and 2 are still there for people who aren't Rank 6. Tier 1 and 2 has a place, just not as much of one for people at the very top end of the game.

And don't lie. You use Tier 1 and 2. Everyone still does. It takes time to get your M14/M32 combo. You die and buy cheaper weapons, you run short on cash and make sacrifices. Tier 1 and 2 still has a place in the game. Rank 0-2 people never even get to see T3 weapons sometimes. AA12 at Rank 4 Support? $1999. That's a crap load of money any way you slice it.

Like I said, if you want to talk about the game, leave out all the fist-shaking. You're here because we're supposed to care what you have to say. Make it worth our time, and quit generalizing to the whole game just so you have a platform to criticize the update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-spawn tougher enemies earlier and more frequently (in addition to scaled numbers also scaled percentages
I'm not quite sure I stated this clearly enough. I mean spawning FPs by wave 5, Scrakes on wave 3, ect. Or something like that.

Otherwise I would generally have to agree with Evilsod. While adding new content to the game keeps it fresh and does inherently introduce anything wrong, there were two key issues with the most recent update.

1) Level 6-While I understand that many might disagree with me on this, the perk system already introduces a large discrepancy based on perk level (most notably between 4 and 5). While the actual increase between 5 and 6 was not huge it seems to point towards a system of increasing player strength every once in a while (currently if it will continue and when it would is unclear but certain things (the gold with one star) seem to say this will continue).

2)Super weapons- While it is obvious that money plays a decent role in KF high level perks (like 6) tend to greatly reduce this effect. Personally I play Support and can usually purchase my AA12 second or third round in a multiplayer game. The biggest issue is that, for the most part, the new weapons are strickly better than their tier one and two counterparts. The AA12 can easily replace the functionality of either the shotgun or HS and do it better. While I gladly accept that new weapons will be added (pesonally I'm always itching to try them out when they are released) wepaon balance and marginalization must always be considered (the most obvious and exaggerated example being berserker).

The major point I would like to clear up is adding additional content was very obviously inherent when the game was released but I'm sure no one expects to be playing "This is really suicidal"-v2 next year. Power discrepency (because power creep implys that all players are slightly stengthened when it is clear that perk level vastly influences weapon choice) is not inevitable nor should it be expected. Many games have released tons of content without introducing power creep. You can add to the game at the same level it already is at by adding more perks, more weapons (of same tier but different funtion), more specs, more maps, more gametypes...

Upvote 0