• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Favourite Song

SHM

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Italy
So, as we all know, zynthetic made the soundtrack for our beloved game. I must ask you now, what's your favourite song of the soundtrack? Even if I have to say that "Abandon All", the song that plays in the last wave with the Patriarch, is surely the most iconic one, I still prefer "Dirge Defective". That scream at the start of the song is both marvelous and terrific. Also, "Connection" is a good song too. And the last one, I like the theme that you hear when you're still in the pre-game in Suburbia, but I don't know the title :\

Obviously, it's gonna be the "Trepak Russian Dance." :rolleyes:

...though I kinda wish that was the truth, there's waaaay too many good tunes to name. What makes it worse is that the original music they keep appending is in the same caliber of quality!

Definitely agree on "Abandon All" being very iconic. Before event updates, two of my favorites were "Containment Breach" & "Pathogen" for just doing an amazing job of getting me pumped.

Event exclusive tracks that really get me going would be "Full Burn" & "Launch Sequence" (the latter making me nostalgic for the "Original Sin" level in House of the Dead 2).

However, "Dread Conductor" takes the crown of making me feel like a total badass. :D

As for the Trader breaks, "Surface Tension" is my hands down favorite. Though I have to give serious accolades for "Drifting Through The Bodies" for being a redneck reprise of "Wading Through The Bodies" (that was bloody brilliant).

And then...there's "Hush, Little Ones (midnight comes)" which made my jaw hit the floor the first time I heard it. I don't know if it was the ocean waves or the orchestral strings, but that song made me feel like I was somehow already vested in an epic journey... D:

I hope it gets revisited down the line...

Upvote 0
Am I the only one that completly turned off the ingame music? I find it very distracting, especially if I'm talking on teamspeak as well. I just want to hear what's spawning around me and don't care too much about the music. Besides that, I'd say that the patriarch one is my fav track.
Nope, you're not alone. As I am playing with 5.1 headset the music is quite distractive so I turned it off.
I like all of the songs tho. :)

Upvote 0