• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

faster specimen, survive, huge boss enemy

good stuff from painkiller

fo2_painkiller.jpg

painkiller.jpg

Upvote 0
good stuff from painkiller
Painkiller is a cool game, but these are NOT scary looking.

I think big bosses are rather dumb anyways.

I'd much rather see map-hazard type enemies. Like in RE when arm tentacle things or whatever bust through a vent and reach out at you. But this doesn't really fit the whole clone super soldier thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You think so?..

Is that why Halo, UT99, UT2004, TF2, HL2, Portal, and Quake3 were unsuccessful?

One type sprints when it gets close, another charges when it gets angry.
I'd like if they were faster, only if you could shoot their legs off to slow them.
The zombies are a lot harder to kill than L4D's. This mechanism makes you get screwed in small areas, or zombies coming around corners, and safe at far away.

They come to you. Walking around looking for ones to kill is what L4D does. KF is a zombie survival game, L4D is a zombie hunting game.

What do you think the patriarch is?

SA80, baretta, law aren't realistic?..
Only fake gun I think is the flame thrower. And its' not really clear what the shotguns are based off of.
The g36, m4, and m16 aren't british weapons.

Whao you strange beast, if you check the online staus for ut2k4
you will find that there are over four thousand gamers still playing
but ut3 only has around over 240 just becuase it didnt in clude assualt
so get your facts straight. Its people like you who like to judge a game
based on other peoples thoughts and suggestions. GO AHEAD CHECK
THE UT2K4 STATUS NOW YOU ****.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0
Perhaps implement something like Leatherface from the Chainsaw massacre movies, not him but something like him. Maybe a boss-like creature that is invincible to the players' weapon, but has to use something in the map as a weapon like luring the boss into a cold storage room, where you have to freeze it to death?
In that case you would have to create the creature for a specific map and not a general creature. And most of the maps isnt made by people who could easily put together an own creature with all the scripts that comes within (Im one of those people). But yes it could be a good idea for extraordinary maps like The Hive or so^^.

@rancid:
Wow that's got nothing to do with KF. Really. They fit in KF as much as they would fit in a box of matches. The Patriarch's a perfect boss cause of its speed, health and damage. I just hope that you cant see it's % with the Commando-perk.

The according to me perfect scary-kf-feeling is the crawlers in 2.0. So damn human like. And the grayish-monotone atmosphere raises the scaryfactor alot. It's a shame that 2.5 is so blood splattered which makes it more game-ish and less scary

Upvote 0
Whao you strange beast, if you check the online staus for ut2k4
you will find that there are over four thousand gamers still playing
but ut3 only has around over 240 just becuase it didnt in clude assualt
so get your facts straight. Its people like you who like to judge a game
based on other peoples thoughts and suggestions. GO AHEAD CHECK
THE UT2K4 STATUS NOW YOU ****.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
What?

Upvote 0
To the mutha of Rancid:
D00D,in first place,we arent talking about some ****ty supar giant bosses,they arent demons or zombies,they are something called "S-P-E-C-I-M-E-N-S",so get your facts straight,besisdes,how the **** those monsters from PK o DrkMessiah would enter in a Biologic Lab,A old Manor,Or streets from the West London,think twice please
and to all the other muthas!:
Its getting annoying that nobody thinks about the glorious but forgotten Fn-Fal (BUT ITS NOT BRITISH...GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AGAIN DUDE,THE BRITISH MANUFACTURED IT AS THE L1A1!!!,f****** as******...)Its still on service (reserve) and its moar powerfull than the handcannon,but it should weight more than the hunty,and have a clip of 20 rounds....

Upvote 0
Hello!
i saw some killing floor videos on youtube.
there are a few points that i would miss, if the game is like this videos:

- the specimen are too slow. i want faster action.
- walking around and looking for zombies to kill is a bit boring. its better when you have to simply survive on the way from A to B. the zombies have to find you.
- please implement a huge final-enemy(ies). i think thats a point what many people missed in left 4 dead.
- realistic weapon would be great. g36,m4,m16 =}

greetings

Okay your highness we will modify the whole game based on what you want, cause your so important and all

Upvote 0
Okay your highness we will modify the whole game based on what you want, cause your so important and all
Of course there is almost no time anymore before the game is released so any suggestions are going to be somewhat minor, but you replied to a poorly crafted argument with one of your own.

Stale {M.E.A.T.} said:
I prefer the small and sophisticated bosses over the big and clumsy bosses.
Agreed. The Regenerator in RE4 was by far the freakiest enemy. Same with the Uroboros in RE5. Both of the final bosses were boring and rather easy after two or three tries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i wish a bigger final-boss than the patriarch in the coming kf-version.

left 4 dead has some really brilliant unique selling points. i think its better
to copy them and add some individual kf-stuff than releasing a game with
the "old" gameplay which the people already know since doom1.

huge stage bosses (no player should be able to kill them alone, only with
teamplay) can be a good kf unique selling point and that it is more realistic
(no crosshair, no ammo/armor display). And i m glad that there is a
flamethrower, heheh.

huge bosses like this (or bigger!) would be fine
Whered you get those pics from? What game?

Upvote 0