• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF [F10 to cancel] screen flood, then, dropped to main menu.

yoshimomo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
i know there were a few different issues just the last few days. twi says they were overwhelmed with new players. o k a y, but more than other free weekends or events? really? because in 2+ years of heavy kf play i never experienced this. where for the first day or so almost all servers were not reachable and all that jazz. even now i am using the damn steam browser but that's not even the main issue for me. what is, is that when i do join a server -any server- if i want to change map, it starts the process, loads the black screen that has the [F10 to cancel] message, and just "floods" it really fast on my screen and then drops me to the game menu, every single time. outrageous! i have to exit the game and use the steam browser to rejoin. that's what i do to play a new map. can you believe this? to play map x i first join a server, if alone i select map y and exit the game when dropped to menu by this garbage bug or whatever is causing it. i then quit the game and quickly rejoin same server. by the time i load it i am in the new map that i wanted. what a way to play a game that has never in 3 years done this. never!

i actually think two things happened here. yes, huge demand over last few days, but i doubt much more than before. so the other thing must be twi removing some servers in anticipation of kf2 and/or starting to abandon kf. makes no sense otherwise.

Last edited: