• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Expanding the Beta testing...

THG repo said:
This is lame as all the freash of the boat noobs get a chance to get keys while us lazy vetrens are complaining about not getting pm'd a key unstead of doing some forms to get a key for a game thats coming out this month and we have allready been playing the "alpha" for years.

Rave, rant; the most anoying thing is having to wait for ur credit card bill so you can fill out the steam form so you can buy the game!

Steam is just so anti-user all of the time its amazing anyone uses it.

Offtopic but can you change the colour of steam?
Is roof making a custom steam colour thing?
It should
PM me I havnt been pm'd in ages ;'(

What do you mean you need to wait for your cc bill before you can fill in the steam bill? It only asks for your cc number, expiry date, name and some other things I can't member. Regardless, all that information is actually on your piece of plastic. I don't see what you have to wait for? :\

Upvote 0
Answers to questions...

1. No, you don't have to do "big testing" if you do get in - we've got a long-standing core test team been doing that, plus the first round of closed Beta. This additional round is about increasing the numbers and stress-testing the servers. A bit of fun and PR too of course! So - you just have to use the key you happen to get - and play!

2. There will be other sites, locations, times where more keys will find their way into the hands of some lucky people!

Upvote 0
I agree with whoever said this is LAME, be them veterans or n00bs (I am n00b personally). It strikes me as not the way serious beta tests are done. (I was memeber of quite a few beta teams, 2-3 in the past year alone.)

Firstly and foremostly it's TOO LATE for beta testing by this stage anyway. I thought this game is 99% ready? What, you mean to tell me you didn't do any server stress tests many weeks ago already, so you need bunch of random selected n00bs to do it now that we're already in March? Sounds strange...

Why not go either for a huge "open beta" lasting 2-3 weeks (for some *serious* stress testing) or for a regular closed beta, with serious selected beta testers (that should have been all but over long ago anyway).

Oleg

Upvote 0
look 2 post above you..
Answers to questions...

1. No, you don't have to do "big testing" if you do get in - we've got a long-standing core test team been doing that, plus the first round of closed Beta. This additional round is about increasing the numbers and stress-testing the servers. A bit of fun and PR too of course! So - you just have to use the key you happen to get - and play!

2. There will be other sites, locations, times where more keys will find their way into the hands of some lucky people!

Upvote 0