• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Etiquette and Decorum in the face of a Zombocalypse.

I actually like players leaving us in the brown stuff. Adds to the challenge and makes it all rather hairy for the next wave. I'd rather not see all the quitter's stuff dropped that just makes it easier. Wearing my realism hat if one of your team die you are not going to spend 5 minutes rifling through his pockets to blag all his cash and grab all his weapons. You going to grab what he went down with and is easy to reach.

Wearing my realism hat, I'd point out that while you wouldn't rifle through pockets for cash, weapons aren't a part of that. The only weapons you could possibly hide in a pocket are the machete and pistols. If a Commando with a AK and a bullpup drops, both of those should easily be found, likewise for the Katana-Chainsaw 'zerker, or pump shottie-hunting shottie support, etc.

Upvote 0
Easiest solution, period:

When a player leaves, all his remaining weapons are immediately sold and the money added to his total money. Then that total amount is divided evenly between all remaining players. All this would happen in under a split second, require on a tiny bit of coding, and would make it so that any player leaving would, at the very least, give back whatever he had.

Impliment that and the problem is solved completely, as you can STILL give money/weapons to your preferred players (Player at the top of the scoreboard instead of the noob) before you leave if you so desire.

Simple solution to an ongoing problem. Just like disabling player collision during trader time. Why Tripwire didn't recognize and impliment these solutions is beyond me, as it seems like simple logic to me...

I'd actually be against this.

For one, if you're running really low on ammo, a person leaving the game or dying would really help as you can pick up their guns. What are you going to do, throw a couple hundred pounds at Patches?

Upvote 0
I think it'd be alot better if whatever cash a player had on him when he left simply gets shared out to the players in the server, at the same time you get the survival bonus. If its in between waves, it just gets shared out immediately. Although it deducts however much cash you start with in that mode to prevent abuse.

But yeah alot of it is just common sense. I'd say the etiquette comes from not been a tool and killing Stalkers when you can quite clearly see a Commando doing so already. And not attempting to steal a Zerkers Scrake kill while ignoring the things sneaking up on him.

@gusone, while i see what you mean about not rifling through his pockets for cash, taking his wallet (assuming it can fit

Upvote 0
But yeah alot of it is just common sense. I'd say the etiquette comes from not been a tool and killing Stalkers when you can quite clearly see a Commando doing so already. And not attempting to steal a Zerkers Scrake kill while ignoring the things sneaking up on him.

I try to do this myself, and I only kill Stalkers when they're about to kill someone or they're doing damage to me. Usually I'll try to call it out to other Commandos.

I have something like 1,100 Stalkers to go (until Level 5) and it can be really annoying when I see a Firebug mow through them all.

Over at our server we try to give people a bit of leeway when it comes to politeness, but we also have to be careful. If someone keeps shooting Fleshpounds (when really we believe that Berserkers should handle that kinda stuff so they don't wipe out half the team on Hard) and keep doing that, then they'll get kicked.

I've also had to kick one or two people for calling people noobs and trash-talking. I don't mind it so much if you're giving someone a hard time (I mean, look at our clan name), but constantly berating someone and giving them crap because they're not playing "the right way" doesn't fly in my book.

Upvote 0
Meh, reminds me of a game i joined a few days ago. Couple of people on it talking **** to everyone with a perk level lower than 3 on Hard. Fair enough they should probably go on Normal until the perk hits level 3, but if they know their stuff leave em to it. But no, insulting em none stop.

Came across em again shortly after on another server, just the 2 of them. He wants to play it 'his way', fair enough, i go upto the roof on Offices and cover 1 of the entrances all goes well. So... wave 8 begins, i head back up there, almost more kills than the 2 of them combined, turns out they didn't bother heading up and changed location without telling me and i barely survived when they started attacking me from behind, so 1 of them starts trashtalking again, even though he quite clearly sucked, given the location they'd moved to.

Upvote 0
I'd actually be against this.

For one, if you're running really low on ammo, a person leaving the game or dying would really help as you can pick up their guns. What are you going to do, throw a couple hundred pounds at Patches?

I didn't say that dying would make them drop everything. And yes, someone leaving would be helpful to an extent: Maybe the money and guns they'd give to the team would make up for the extra monsters and higher monster HP they caused for that round...

Upvote 0