• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code EquipmentCategoryID Not Working?

Acreo Aeneas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
So I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to change the keypad the weapons in one of my custom perks are assigned to (aka EquipmentCategoryID) in the individual weapon pickup UC files.

For reference, there's the KFLevelRules.uc file (specifically the portion dealing with EquipmentCategoryID):

Code:

defaultproperties
{
	EquipmentCategories(0)=(EquipmentCategoryID=0,EquipmentCategoryName="Melee")
	EquipmentCategories(1)=(EquipmentCategoryID=1,EquipmentCategoryName="Secondary")
	EquipmentCategories(2)=(EquipmentCategoryID=2,EquipmentCategoryName="Primary")
	EquipmentCategories(3)=(EquipmentCategoryID=3,EquipmentCategoryName="Specials")
	EquipmentCategories(4)=(EquipmentCategoryID=4,EquipmentCategoryName="Equipment")

And here's my L85A2Pickup.uc file:

Code:
class L85A2Pickup extends KFWeaponPickup;

defaultproperties
{
     Weight = 5.000000
     cost = 1085
     AmmoCost = 45
     BuyClipSize = 30
     PowerValue = 45
     SpeedValue = 60
     RangeValue = 70
     Description = "The L85 rifle variant of the SA80 family has been the standard issue service rifle of the British Armed Forces since 1987, replacing the L1A1 variant of the FN FAL. The improved L85A2 remains in service today."
     ItemName = "L85A2"
     ItemShortName = "L85A2"
     AmmoItemName = "5.56 x 45mm NATO"
     showMesh = SkeletalMesh'JS_L85A2_3rd.L85A2_3rd'
     AmmoMesh = StaticMesh'KillingFloorStatics.L85Ammo'
     CorrespondingPerkIndex = 20							// SAS Perk Weapon
     EquipmentCategoryID = 3								// "Specials" Category, Key 4
     InventoryType = Class'JS_L85A2.L85A2'
     PickupMessage = "Picked up a L85A2 (SAS)."
     PickupSound = Sound'KF_FNFALSnd.FNFAL_Pickup'
     PickupForce = "AssaultRiflePickup"
     StaticMesh = StaticMesh'JS_L85A2_M.Rifle.L85A2_Static'
     CollisionRadius = 25.000000
     CollisionHeight = 5.000000
}

I have triple checked my code, started from scratch twice, and reuploaded all the pertainent files 20 times over. For some stupid reason, the weapon still is bound to key "3" on my keyboard no matter what ID int I assign to it in the weapon pickup file.

Why is the change not taking? Is there something wrong with the code or is this just some sort of ghostery effect with Unreal and KF?

Last edited: