• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Enemy over there!" - any use?

HorniHornsen

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2011
Germany
Good evening,

I was wondering if spotting an enemy (standard Z button) is of any use. For instance, I noticed that the mark stays only for like 2 seconds. Also I would like to know if other team members can even see it. I tried it several times when I heard players of my team use this function and brought up the HUD immediately to see if there were any marks but couldn't find one.

Also the target identification seems to be buggy too. I literally stood like 10 meters in front of a tank and my soldier yelled out the standard Ivan/Fritz spotted sentence. Sometimes the identification does actually work but thats more a random occasion.

'cause I don't have a microphone, I use this button to announce that enemies area nearby, alerting freindlies, and aiming in the direction I saw them to further help out. It actually works decently like this. ^^

The markers do apear on the map and tactical view, just I've no idea if anyone else uses it so I can't say if I see their markers. :p

Its true i tell you I have seen him do it!!!!!

Upvote 0