• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dying weapon firing and "dancing"

Guys you sound like: What I don't know I don't eat.

Imagine if someone significantly changes a standard RO map, let's say he adds more accessable rooms and such, no the enemy can take you out from positions you before never needed to look at. Now you're just saying this is bs, before you couldn't enter these rooms/buildings and now you can, this map has become crap.

Quite simple minded huh?

Now back on topic, if someone is standing in a room/hall and is spraying around with his smg you say it's realistic. Ok. Now he's being sot and does the same for a duration like 2 secs while he is falling to the ground (and is dead then). Now you say it's unrealistic. I don't get why.:confused:
I've brought you an "arcade example" to show more precisely what I'm talking about. You make me look like a moron for doing so. I give you the information that I've been talking to a person who's studied human anatomy and he says it's possible and might happen frequently. You just ignore that and continue to say: What I don't know I don't eat.

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/wp-content/gallery/rohos-screenshots/ScreenShot00136.jpg[url]http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/wp-content/gallery/rohos-screenshots/ScreenShot00136.jpg[/URL]

You all now this picture. Now what about him firing his PPSh smg while falling to the ground.

Upvote 0
Guys you sound like: What I don't know I don't eat.

Imagine if someone significantly changes a standard RO map, let's say he adds more accessable rooms and such, no the enemy can take you out from positions you before never needed to look at. Now you're just saying this is bs, before you couldn't enter these rooms/buildings and now you can, this map has become crap.

Quite simple minded huh?

Oh good! I love it when people put words in my mouth! Don't you?

Now back on topic, if someone is standing in a room/hall and is spraying around with his smg you say it's realistic. Ok. Now he's being sot and does the same for a duration like 2 secs while he is falling to the ground (and is dead then). Now you say it's unrealistic. I don't get why.:confused:
I've brought you an "arcade example" to show more precisely what I'm talking about. You make me look like a moron for doing so. I give you the information that I've been talking to a person who's studied human anatomy and he says it's possible and might happen frequently. You just ignore that and continue to say: What I don't know I don't eat.

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/wp-content/gallery/rohos-screenshots/ScreenShot00136.jpghttp://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/wp-content/gallery/rohos-screenshots/ScreenShot00136.jpg

You all now this picture. Now what about him firing his PPSh smg while falling to the ground.

FFffffffff-

BUT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN FREQUENTLY
/caps

Will you just give up? It seems someone is always carrying the "Stupid suggestions baton" around.

Upvote 0
Now what about him firing his PPSh smg while falling to the ground.

You could put that in same category as surviving a headshot from point-blank range, slipping on metal surface due hobnails\heel irons, falling and dying, surviving 122mm+ calibre artillery shell that blew next to you among other things: it happens, but what are the odds? Or people born with 6 fingers in a single hand.

Actually beter suggestion to go with that "pulling trigger while dying movie-style" would be that everytime russian 'dolphin dives' (so to speak) there would be 40% chance that PPSh starts firing on its own. It's entirely realistic, just cock the bolt and slam it gently to the bottom of the gun or top of the gun and it goes off. Even more so when the weapon hits the ground completely from a dive, but wanna take a guess how long it takes before 3\4 of players are complaining how obnoxious it is that everytime they attempt to take cover their PPSh goes off? ;)

Upvote 0

Because when he is standing, he is a live and can pull the trigger. :rolleyes:

Dead people don't do much.

When you're dying or have just died, I doubt you will have enough strength to pull the trigger, despite what Hollywood tells you.

Upvote 0
I think this could only work, if it were somehow implemented with the wounding feature. Which basically they already have.
If the shot isn't completely lethal, you've got some time to get shots off
but, its blurry and distorted because YOU HAVE BEEN SHOT

and just a comment bout that screen shot with the dying russian, his finger isn't in the trigger guard.

Upvote 0
And ragdolls in RO:OST were a client side feature, I think. If this is implemented, It will be another unnecessary load on the server to track who shots after he dies and where he shots, while that same player is waiting being stacked up for respawn

Ragdoll and being clientsided, currently that's right. But is this a good thing for a realism shooter that everyone sees dead bodies on different locations? I don't think so. Someone could take to take cover behind them, in order to be unseen (not for shooting protetction) and enemy player sees him on open plain as his ragdoll system made the dead body land on a different place.
Is this a good thing for a realism shooter? I don't think so.

An unnecessary load to the server. Well if RO HoS shall be released with so low requirements that a commodore 64 can run it, it surely is an unnecessary one. Server-sided ragdoll was a must have for me since the jump from Combined Arms to Ostfront.

Eventually he will in a few weeks. Just look at his "Attack dogs". :D

I've been truly trying to get another cool realistic feature to the new game and I checked it up to get evidence on how realistic in is, to know how a deadly shot human reacts. Well after these efforts most what I get is people taking me for a ride like "request things like surving a 122mm grenade", "we should add the Super Nazi Perk" etc. I don't get why you bashing me but there's a saying in German "Who doesn't want it, already got something."

So to give LemoN and RedGuardist their heavenly peace, I'll resign from this thread, might keep on reading, but I'll stop posting on that.

Upvote 0
I've been truly trying to get another cool realistic feature to the new game and I checked it up to get evidence on how realistic in is, to know how a deadly shot human reacts.

Being realistic is one thing, but how it would really work out is another story. Most of the time when you get shot, you don't die instantly or even in a while if it's not critical like brain damage, heart, lungs or so. Get shot in the leg and you're just falling down and probably saying something nasty. Now let's imagine a scenario like this:

1. Running soldier who is firing his gun gets shot to chest. His own inertia will make him fall forward and there is great probability his gun will fall down rather than stay in his hands, and even if he stays remotedly alive he's probably not going to press the trigger down just to shoot around.

2. Standing soldier shooting behind cover getting shot at. He's probably going to fall backwards and even if he would just twitch the trigger hard, it would last only for a brief second so with SMG he might just fire a small burst before his finger slips off from the trigger, or diffrence in inertia (gun vs person) would make it so that his finger slips off the trigger and is incapable of pressing it anymore.

3. Soldier moving backwards. It's quite similiar to #2 that you probably let go of your gun the nanosecond you get hit.

Now another major issue in this is the concept of death in video games and online shooters. There are no real wounded soldiers or major wounds modelled because they would be irrelevant to the game scale and making "fear of death" simulator (so to speak) would just scare people mostly away and be highly uninteresting. Most of the time you would shoot someone in RO:Ost, he'd be wounded and probably incapable of shooting anymore unless the wound is not major. The game models it as dead soldier, so even though it is entirely possible in some isolated or very weird cases for soldier to die and pull the trigger and empty the magazine, it would mean fatal critical hit that would somehow not effect your nerves in a way that your muscles keeps pulling the trigger rather than release it. That would mean basically over 90% of deaths in video games because most of the time, once you get hit = you're dead, if you don't die you just have less health (so to speak) or some minor handicap until you truly die by getting shot in the leg by a handgun. Since when someone instantly dies when you get shot in the leg? Or arm? Or stomach? It's going to hurt more or less and you could bleed out or recheive major injury that would require proffessional medical care, but you'd still not be dead instantly.

Unless someone would make it it happens once in a blue moon in the game, then it might be ok but frequently is out of the question due abstract concept and model of death.

Upvote 0
rotrigger.jpg

You all know this picture. Now what about him firing his PPSh smg while falling to the ground?

Proberly not, cause his finger is not at the trigger! :D (sorry to bring that up emp, but it was too obivious)

But "weapon firing while dying" could be still a nice random feature for the single player part...

As for the multiplayer part, I think this thread is ready for the "turned down" section.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suppose this could work if implemented the way it is in STALKER: SHoC. What happens in STALKER is that if you kill an enemy whilst he is firing a gun, there is a low chance that he will fire one or two rounds (only if the gun is fully automatic) after his death before his finger slips from the trigger. These rounds are so insignificant that you hardly notice them; they appear to merely be part of the burst the guy was firing before he died. After these one or two rounds, the man's finger slips from the trigger and he stops firing.

TBH this whole thing is a waste of time. The devs mind as well not bother with it. They have other things to work on.

Upvote 0