• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dualwield/Throw Machete

I'm not too sure about throwing them, but the idea of dual wielding them would seperate the machettes from the other melee weapons.

I completely agree. Possibly even raising the fire axe price to make the machete dual wielding a more viable option might increase its usage. I should also suggest that it would be more realistic to side sling the fireman's axe as an overhead throw is not only difficult to actually do but also far less accurate. Also on the note of retrieving the weapon, I feel that if it kills the creature it should be retrievable but for instance in the case of the machetes sticking in I don't feel they should be retrievable until the creature is dead and I'm not sure how you would code something like that.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
It's an awesome idea. I've always wanted to dual wield machetes as the ultimate "break-out" weapon when you get encircled and you need to kill lots of specs NOW. Throwing is a great idea too, though it would be nice to have a pointier machete model for it. Also, I don't think it would be viable for berserkers to abandon ranged weapons completely unless you could carry more than one of each melee weapon, maybe have them stack to a degree so you can carry enough.

Upvote 0