• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual/single handcannon altfire idea

Whoever is peddling that as a legitimate firing stance doesn't know what they're talking about, or got all thier firearms training from Metal Gear Solid 3.

...where, if I recall correctly, they explicitly said it was specific to the pistol being used and only possible if the person doing it is intimately familiar with the weapon, and stupid to use elsewhere. I'd bet on them getting their firearms training from rap videos and Unreal Tournament.

As far as breaking your wrist like that, I think that would be a bit unlikely.
Oh, it'd certainly be painful enough for them to never want to do it again, and they would most likely sprain or tear something, but I think they would need to be locking their arm straight, resist moving with the recoil, and/or have a wrist as limp as a wet noodle for it to actually break something.
At least, I've never heard of anybody actually breaking their wrists from improperly holding a .50AE desert eagle, although that might be a result of the people who own the desert eagle having enough respect for it to not let their idiot buddies do something so idiotic. After all, the idiot holding the thing would almost certainly lose control after the first shot, with the possibly of losing their hold on the weapon - or worse yet keeping their grip on it, trigger and all, and going wild.

Carcer said:
Put one in each hand and we've already left Realism Station far behind
I disagree, actually.
Dual HCs are heavier, have a lower max ammo capacity, lose the utility of their iron sights, and are less accurate. Oh, and they also count towards the Support's shotgun damage, but not the Sharpshooter's headshot count.
I think that's a reasonable way to balance things out, wouldn't you agree? :D

Upvote 0