• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dropping unneccessary pounds

ScarFace

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Every perk starts out with the following basic equipment: the knife and the 9mm and these two weapons account for 1 block of weight (not counting the grenades).

I suggest letting the player be able to drop these 2 weapons or sell them, thus freeing up 1 more block of weight. I know I've been experimenting with different load outs and thought "Man I wish I just had 1 more block of weight then I could try X with W or Y with Z." Personally once I get my upper teir weapons I rarely, if EVER, use my 9mm and would much rather have another block of weight to try different load outs etc.

"But you need the knife to sprint you say" I suggest just allowing the player to sprint without the knife. His base weapon, when sprinting, would default to a punch doing half the damage as a knife stab. Just remove the knife and the same animation looks like a hook anyways. Problem solved.

Last edited:
"But you need the knife to sprint you say" I suggest just allowing the player to sprint without the knife. His base weapon, when sprinting, would default to a punch doing half the damage as a knife stab. Just remove the knife and the same animation looks like a hook anyways. Problem solved.

dunno how I feel abvout being able to sell them, and I'm pretty sure its only grenades thhat have a weight block. B ut if thi were put in, selling your knife means you can't sprint period, THAT would be your sacrifice

Upvote 0
dunno how I feel abvout being able to sell them, and I'm pretty sure its only grenades thhat have a weight block. B ut if thi were put in, selling your knife means you can't sprint period, THAT would be your sacrifice

Well even if you did sell a knife and 9mm how much would you really get for them...very little so that is not a game changer.

But your right if you sold ur knife to gain a block of weight you sacrifice your ability to be able to sprint....sounds fair to me.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure its only grenades that have a weight block
The knife, 9mm, and combat armor have 0 weight. The grenade holder weighs 1 unit regardless of the grenades you currently have.

Balance is of course an issue, but another thing is what would weight one pound than? If you could sell the ability to carry grenades for an extra block many players would do that in a heartbeat. 9mm is similar in that regard. The knife might be a more acceptable loss for gain item to sell but in allowing stupid combinations that break the game it is obvious that this is not something that should be implemented.

Upvote 0
Maybe if they implemented some kind mechanism which allows you to buy (for example) one tier1 weapon, one tier2 weapon and one tier3 weapon etc, so if you sold your 9mm you could replace it with eg. a single handcannon, or another upgraded handgun, but not with a m14 for example. This way, you couldnt buy crossbow/m14 combination, but a demolitions expert could maybe buy the LAW and a pipebomb lol >_>

And if you sold your 9mm and knife to gain that one weight block, you wouldnt be able to sprint? Sounds like a reasonable sacrifice to me. And you could always buy a replacement melee weapon eg. katana.

Oh not to forget youd be selling your only flashlight >:), unless you happen to have a shotgun.

Upvote 0
Personally, I'd suggest Tripwire just eliminate all the confusion. Instead of giving everybody a default of 1/15 weight, just make it 0/14.

Either way, the game was designed around having a limit of 14 available pounds. The game was balanced around this number; unless there's a really good reason to change it, I don't think it's worth the inevitable hassle of rebalancing.

Upvote 0
Handcannon - 4 blocks = 1,7kg
Bullpup - 6 blocks = 4.46kg
AK-47 SU - 6 blocks = 3,14kg
M79 - 4 blocks = 2,72kg
M32 - 7 blocks = 5,3kg
MP7M - 3 blocks = 1,5kg
SCARM17 - 5 blocks = 3.59kg
LAW - 14 blocks = 10kg

1 Block is ~0.633KG
15 Blocks is ~9.5KG

I'm a fat nerd, and even I could carry more than 9.5KG of stuff.
Just saying.

Upvote 0
M79 - 4 blocks = 2,72kg
M32 - 7 blocks = 5,3kg
MP7M - 3 blocks = 1,5kg
LAW - 14 blocks = 10kg

1 Block is ~0.633KG
15 Blocks is ~9.5KG

Just saying.
I'd like to play you as a character in KF then.
Can't wait for the 'fat nerd' DLC.

Reactions: Nin
Upvote 0
M79 - 4 blocks = 2,72kg
M32 - 7 blocks = 5,3kg
MP7M - 3 blocks = 1,5kg
LAW - 14 blocks = 10kg

1 Block is ~0.633KG
15 Blocks is ~9.5KG

Just saying.
aha... and you put your ammo in your magic bag of holding.

Upvote 0