• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Drop Rate Speculation

I got home, fired up KF2, and played a 7 round solo match on Normal. Let my nephew play while I started dinner and he died on the 3rd round (Lvl 2 Gunslinger) and got a Red and Black Headband.

We played another 4 hours, all online games on Normal and all wins, and didn't get anything else.

So in summation:

12/3 - Thursday - First solo game after content patch - Exceptional Skin for the Medic Pistol

12/10 - Thursday - First solo game 1 week to the day after the patch - Headband

Don't know if this helps, just putting the info out there.

Upvote 0
I got home, fired up KF2, and played a 7 round solo match on Normal. Let my nephew play while I started dinner and he died on the 3rd round (Lvl 2 Gunslinger) and got a Red and Black Headband.

We played another 4 hours, all online games on Normal and all wins, and didn't get anything else.

So in summation:

12/3 - Thursday - First solo game after content patch - Exceptional Skin for the Medic Pistol

12/10 - Thursday - First solo game 1 week to the day after the patch - Headband

Don't know if this helps, just putting the info out there.

Yep seems to be a weekly drop... scheduled on Thursday! A solo-game triggers the drop! I don't know what to say... kinda boring and disappointing?!

BTW - was it on solo/short/normal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The drop rate is quite low, I will admit, but you have to take into consideration we're not in an irl market where the money changing hands remains for the most part, static. Once an item is rewarded to a player, it's here forever. Once more and more drops trickle into the market, prices will trend downwards (like those singular weapons on the market for 300+ dollary doos) and the market will stabilize. Collectors will collect, bargainers will bargain, the Microtransactions Lives Matter activists will bugger off, and things we be back to normal.

It's all nothing to me, I'm just here to experience that elusive thing we call fun, something many players of video games have forgotten. A few extra trinkets to wear and trade off for some steambux is a dandy little bonus to look forward to on the side.

Little side tip: if you're gonna sell, better sell now, the free weekenders are most likely going to crash the market with no survivors.

Edit: Got my second drop after much anticipation, a USB. I was more excited than I expected myself to be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0