• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Dr Rachel Clamely is a joke - kinda.

yoshimomo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
rage time. so the chick is kinda cool, wish she had a short skirt and lab coat, but hey, TWI is politically correct and they "respect" women, right? (rolleyes) ..and has a unique voice for all the speech during the KFO. so why does her character not use the same voice? they couldn't be bothered recording a few extra lines? really? the woman (who may or may not be a voice actress, or just a girlfriend maybe) charges per word? so? give her a few extra dollars to record the in-game voice chatter.

i mean this is beyond the pale. they did get a new female to voice "plenty" of new speech for the KFO section. so why not also use her at the same bloody time to spit out about 200 more words? the mind boggles. hey, but that's okay. you spent time on $6/8 dlc that adds three stripes to an existing character. yes, you did that.

I agree.

It would make more sense another version of Rachel Clamely as DLC (e.g. Steampunk or Army/Camo version) and give both of them unique voice.

But yeah, recording a few dozens of lines is much harder than drawing a few lines and applying some filters in Photoshop...

Upvote 0
Well giving her a skirt would look weird due to how the models and animations work, so having jeans is for the better, plus she looks hip. ;) But her eyes look effy.

But I do agree with the whole voice thing, i saw the trailer and then they showed her as a unlockable. My older brother (he doesn't play KF) said "She better not use that British voice". So being me, i quickly checked the sound folder to see if a new voice pack was added, and sadly found nothing. I even went to check her Species UC file to be sure, and nothing.

RANDOM Trivia TIME!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler!

Sadly, due to how the vocals were made for NPC Rachal, i can not make a good custom voice pack for her :(

Edit:
Lol i added about 7 additional voice sets in my game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1295190&postcount=9

They just don't have room for more voices, apparently.

HA HA. wut? is this 1981 and msdos with 64k will be enough forever? what are they doing? making the sound files work for mobile phones with 128k ram or something? get real. even without knowing exactly how they use sounds, it does not make sense for a pc game.

utter nonsense. a missed opportunity. like i said before, they should release kf on gog (sans steamworks) with all content (dlc & special event skins) and, program a small code change to the kf.exe so that at each date for each event those skins are loaded for 2-3 weeks. yes, if someone wanted to they could change their date on the pc, but that's not the point or some breach.

we know this is the final official nail in kf's coffin. the end fo the line is a double entendre. so package kf in a year or so, as i suggest, and blast it onto gog. anyway, twi dislikes gog. they love steam. they are buddy buddy with steam/valve.

Upvote 0
rage time. so the chick is kinda cool, wish she had a short skirt and lab coat, but hey, TWI is politically correct and they "respect" women, right? (rolleyes)

Way to come off like sarcastic sexist *** in the first sentence of your topic.

Also chances are they never planned on adding characters with unique voices, considering the engine they used for the game which is at least a decade old now, and as a result they can't actually do anything at this point of the game's lifespan about it. This will most likely be fixed in KF2, thankfully. But, yeah, I don't really think that OP should even be given reasoning, when the first sentence is so damn asinine and sexist.

we know this is the final official nail in kf's coffin. the end fo the line is a double entendre. so package kf in a year or so, as i suggest, and blast it onto gog. anyway, twi dislikes gog. they love steam. they are buddy buddy with steam/valve.

Apparently you haven't even heard of KF2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Look at him. "Rachel" Clamely is a man. Not woman.

It all makes sense now...Rachel is an anagram for Charle and End of the Line represents Charle(y)'s transition from male to female. The long hard road with double patriarchs (Parents perhaps?) is to represent how hard this process is. The nitro slow walk is to represent how long it takes to get the surgery safely and the key card grab while ZEDs attack represents finding the truth (That he is a she) in oneself despite turmoil.

/conspiracy
This is a joke. But I still feel like a terrible person for writing this.
Further awake edit:// I like Rachel and I'm also sad there was no Voicepack but I understand KF is on end of life so I can see why they wouldn't want to waste a bunch of time and money for the actress and optimizing the game to still run with unchanged system specs.
I felt the same when we found the American Voicepack some years ago though. Hoping for more voices in KF2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

They have plenty of room, they just don't want to alienate players with PC's from 2001. The game has suffered pretty heavily for this, I might add. Dropped weapons not staying, TWI cutting corners with memory everywhere, plenty of Commando and Medic weapons firing two bullets in one click.

Upvote 0
They have plenty of room, they just don't want to alienate players with PC's from 2001. The game has suffered pretty heavily for this, I might add. Dropped weapons not staying, TWI cutting corners with memory everywhere, plenty of Commando and Medic weapons firing two bullets in one click.
if you can click correctly, you can fire 1 by 1 bullet too with mp7 for example

Upvote 0
Because TWI must make all their female characters cater towards certain guys that want to see short skirts, big arses and boobs hanging out. We have enough of that stuff, thanks. Makes a nice change.

Regarding the whole voice thing. Sure it would have been nice, but as others have said, pretty sure they have pushed things far enough. Let's be real here, KF 2 is on the horizons and they just supplied us with more free content yet again. I can't really blame them for not making an extra effort to push things harder in the engine.

Upvote 0
I was playing KFO Solo to kill 250 ZEDs, because at the moment I cannot join servers because of a stupid bug or something, and when I listened to her talking through the monitors and found out that she is an uncrackable character, I said "Will she have the same voice as an avatar?". Then i was like: "Hell no!!!"

Apparently I was correct.

Of course she looks ugly, but she is the Patriarch's daughter. What did you expected? Her brothers are the clots and Sirens are her mother for God's sake!

The whole KFO-Transit is a metaphor for the transition to KF2 from KF1. Got that? This is why we will have the same characters in KF2. They are supposed to hunt the Patriarch in Paris. The real Patriarch, not his clones.
This is why we will have the most of the old monsters in HD. The Patriarch took them with him...
Cheap trick, very cheap...

As for Rachel, she is an accomplish in conspiracy to commit speciescide. She should be executed, not allowed fight with you!

Upvote 0