• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DP28 unlock suggestion

the only thing required to get the barrel hot enough is decent team that supplies you with ammo and not dying.

the bigger problem than getting the barrel completely destroyed is that smoking barrel severely limits your vision and at the same time prevents you from spraying to somewhat overcome that since in that case you'd indeed destroy it.

obviously it's not like tripwire can't wait to add more animations into the game so the chance of this happening is pretty much nil, but tripwire does like their unlocks and this would be both logical and in some cases practical. DP could use some developer love as well.

and to be fair, the biggest reason why you don't see DP barrels too hot in realism is the fact that half of the machine gunners are heroes who pick MG34 over it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought DPs required special tools in order to perform a barrel swap...

Not that anyone would have been able to perform it in WWII anyway... Stavka never issued spares.

Yes, it needed a tool, but it always came with the MG, and changing the barrel was quick and the weapon had been designed to be like this.

Spare barrels were not issued in the very beginning of the war, but they were issued later on.

However, they were usually thrown out by machinegunners. DP did not have overheating problems in normal conditions (and this is not reflected in the game: single-shot a mag or two and say hello to the stupid vapour), so the spare barrel was just dead weight.

Upvote 0
Yes, it needed a tool, but it always came with the MG, and changing the barrel was quick and the weapon had been designed to be like this.

Spare barrels were not issued in the very beginning of the war, but they were issued later on.

However, they were usually thrown out by machinegunners. DP did not have overheating problems in normal conditions (and this is not reflected in the game: single-shot a mag or two and say hello to the stupid vapour), so the spare barrel was just dead weight.
Ah, I did not know that. Thank you for the correction.

Upvote 0
Barrel removal on a DP-28: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z5YOplyK2fM#t=101
It seems that there is only need for a wrench if the fitting is tight, otherwise its just a push of a button, twist and pull.

As far as unlocks go I think having the tank variant (DT) as a unlock would be nice with its 60 round magazine, but I have no idea how realistic it would be for an infantry soldier to be running around with one.

Upvote 0
DT-29 in Stalingrad.
Spoiler!

Upvote 0