• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does Tripwire even read the Ideas and Suggestions forum?

Are you kidding me?
Right now, you have three other threads on page 1. Only one of them was moved, and it looks fitting to me as the two that remain are more general discussion threads, whereas you were making specific suggestions in the third one.

All because they don't post doesn't mean that they don't read.

Seems like if they dislike the thread it gets moved there.

Grow up. You're being emotional and overreacting, making accusations. You act like the mods are trying to punish you and your threads.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding me?
Right now, you have three other threads on page 1. Only one of them was moved, and it looks fitting to me as the two that remain are more general discussion threads, whereas you were making specific suggestions in the third one.

All because they don't post doesn't mean that they don't read.

Grow up. You're being emotional and overreacting, making accusations. You act like the mods are trying to punish you and your threads.

You need to calm down. It was a fair question.

Yes we actually do. We prefer to have all ideas and suggestions in a single place, ideally one mega thread per idea, not all over the forums.

Cool just wanted to make sure. I was worried because I never see you guys post there.

Upvote 0
You need to calm down. It was a fair question.

I don't like having my threads moved to a place where Tripwire seemingly doesn't notice...Seems like if they dislike the thread it gets moved there.

It's a fair question to ask if TWI reads the idea and suggestions forum. (Actually, I would argue that it's not lol. But let's just say it is to make this straightforward.) But your post was pretty passive aggressive.

Like why would you consider the idea that mods are throwing your threads (that you assume they don't like) to an area where you think TWI would not see it? Like...why? Why? like....yeah, why? lol Why would you think this? Do you really think that that's reasonable? At any rate, looks like the topic is closed, and you are satisfied now.

Upvote 0
I have done game and non game development and can totally understand why they are a little hush hush.

Think of it this way. At your work does everyone agree on the direction of your company? Do they all have the same opinions? If you publicly expressed your opinions that were in opposition to the direction of your company or about something that your marketing team did not feel was 'the right time' then how will that impact your job?

There are more factors than I can count as to how complex the dynamic is on a development team, especially one like this. A lot more than we can comprehend goes on behind the sceens. Things that seem or sound simple rarely are.

One way IMO they could improve with the bugs is to have a mod maintain a mega thread that groups it all together. That way people can confirm if their bug is known or not.

Upvote 0
We don't like to bias forum conversation between players where possible by injecting our own opinions/thoughts into the conversation (which may end up being different from Tripwires as well which can cause issues).

Yea, that is actually the first thing i thought when people were going "Omg, tripwire doesn't reply to topics, they should reply more".

It kinda leads to bandwagon mentality sometimes which is the last thing you want when you are trying to get an honest opinion out of someone.

Upvote 0
The problem is not being moved to another forum. I believe the dev will look at the ideas forum. The problem is lack of discussion on that forum. NOBODY goes there. Everyone is here, general discussion. If your post is moved to another forum, it will never get any discussion anymore.

I see quite a few good suggestions (IMO) in the ideas forum, but no discussion whatsoever. So is that a minority opinion? I will never know.

Upvote 0
I honestly believe that TW does have a system in place where they review our posts, make notes, and discuss them when necessary during their meetings/discussions. Although sometimes it might get frustrating when we don't get an official response to something that we want them to, it does not mean that they aren't taking what we say into consideration. At this point in the development cycle, data gathering is more important than trying to respond to every post/idea/suggestion. There needs to be a pool of information to extrapolate from to get a consensus of where we stand with the current direction of the game.

Upvote 0
We don't like to bias forum conversation between players where possible by injecting our own opinions/thoughts into the conversation (which may end up being different from Tripwires as well which can cause issues).

I'm fully agree with you on conversations where player opinions are split, e.g. Clot Grabbing thread. Putting TWI official opinion there would ruin the discussion.

However, there are threads supported by the majority. Like teleporting zeds, Hans Volter issues etc. Official response could put discussions in the right way and make feedback more constructive. For example, if teleporting zeds is just temporary workaround, then community should discuss what it can be replaced with. It teleporting zeds are here to stay, then community should discuss how to make it better and less annoying.

Upvote 0
It might premature and difficult for them to evaluate what decisions are close to being universal among the player base though.

Regarding the teleporting zeds thing for instance. You're right about the focused efforts. But maybe they don't know if it's here to stay or not. And besides. People have still spend time suggesting both replacements and improvements. Perhaps TWI was and is still looking at both groups of solutions to the "problem".

Upvote 0
I'm fully agree with you on conversations where player opinions are split, e.g. Clot Grabbing thread. Putting TWI official opinion there would ruin the discussion.

However, there are threads supported by the majority. Like teleporting zeds, Hans Volter issues etc. Official response could put discussions in the right way and make feedback more constructive. For example, if teleporting zeds is just temporary workaround, then community should discuss what it can be replaced with. It teleporting zeds are here to stay, then community should discuss how to make it better and less annoying.

1Z02vuppxP1Pa.gif
for getting my point trough.

Upvote 0
The suggestions forums have always been a place for people to vent into the abyss. I can't recall a single suggestion being engaged there by a TWI employee personally (RO mod+Ostfront+RO2), let alone making it to the game.

"We don't want to affect the conversation" is also an odd argument, considering these are just suggestions. Simple occasional answers like "This is a good idea, I'll bring it up with X when I can" or "Unfortunately our underlying X code prevents us from doing this" goes a long way towards actively and positively engaging with your community. It creates a sense of being heard.

Now, I'm sure the developers are very busy and can't afford to read to forums, let alone post answers. Though, that's pretty much why the community manager is there for. To be a bridge between the players and the developers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The suggestions forums have always been a place for people to vent into the abyss. I can't recall a single suggestion being engaged there by a TWI employee personally (RO mod+Ostfront+RO2), let alone making it to the game.

Team coloured names in chat, started as an idea, progressed to a mutator then finally made it into the game.

"Classic" mode.

Client-side hit registration.

Upvote 0
Team coloured names in chat, started as an idea, progressed to a mutator then finally made it into the game.

"Classic" mode.

If they dont respond, that doesn't mean that they dont agree or find suggestion cool. In fact I'm sure if they had resources, they would do much more than they will be able too. They are just not very talkative :). They prefer to just read :p

Upvote 0

Those were already mutators, not purely suggestions, TWI merely adopted them after they got popular. The work was already done.

"Classic" mode.

Introduced after 9 months after the launch, to cater for the Ostfront players (supposedly the "1 percent" according to Ramm), which had already left at that point. People were already screaming for it during the beta.

Upvote 0
Those were already mutators, not purely suggestions, TWI merely adopted them after they got popular. The work was already done.

Introduced after 9 months after the launch, to cater for the Ostfront players (supposedly the "1 percent" according to Ramm), which had already left at that point. People were already screaming for it during the beta.

You may pick and chose how you want, of course, but that's what was added based off community feedback.

Upvote 0