• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does KF2 take a while to launch for you?

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Whenever I do a fresh reboot on my pc the first time I go to launch KF2 takes anywhere from 2-3 minutes (from the time I launch to the time I reach the main menu).

I originally chalked this up to the age of my machine but some friends I play with have newer machines with high end hardware and also experience this.

Does anyone know any tricks to speed this up or is pretty much just "the way it is"?

Nope, loads very fast for me, though on my laptop it is pretty slow getting into the main menu and actually loading maps, probably because of the HDD's. But then again the laptop is also a dual core i5 from late 2009 :p

My desktop loads basically every aspect of the game very quickly using a 512GB Samsung 840 Pro. And is also an x99 rig, so not much of a good comparison I'm afraid.. Lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Every UE3 game I've played has always taken a while the first time I start it or load a new map. It just needs to build a shader cache. It might take longer to start the first time but it ends up performing better as a result.

THat should never happen on a stock map though.

Upvote 0
My game takes ~20 seconds to display the splash screen after I click play, then the splash screen can sit for 1-2 minutes before the game loads up. If I delete my .ini file it loads fast but after I redo my graphics settings it slows right down again. During this loading time cpu usage sits around 2-3%

i5 6500
8GB DDR4
GTX960 4GB
Windows 10 x64

It has been happening since around the incinerate and detonate update, but seems slower since moving to windows 10. Maps load fine, just the initial startup sucks

Upvote 0