• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you think that the game modes should be renamed?

Do you think that the game modes should be renamed?

• Yes - Classic and Realism need to be renamed

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Yes - Classic needs to be renamed

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Yes - Realism needs to be renamed

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No - I think the names are fine

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Indifferent - I don't care about the name

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
With recent discussions about the naming of the game modes, I just wondered what you guys think. (This is in no way an official poll or anything just something I wonder about myself).

Do you think that the game modes should be renamed:
Yes - Classic needs to be renamed
Yes - Realism needs to be renamed
Yes - Classic and Realism need to be renamed
No - I think the names are fine
Indifferent - I don't care about the name

Changing the name of Realism doesn't make much sense to me because it was just cause unnecessary confusion to the current Realism player base, because to them they've already played that mode for so long and will scramble to find out which new name is the game mode they were playing. Just a classic name change wouldn't do this and could potentially attract new players if it sounds more appealing.

Upvote 0
I'm all for a name change for both, especially Classic, however since Yosh has specifically said it's not going to happen, this is purely a philosophical discussion.

The best bet for a way to rename Classic would be for Admins to name their servers in a more enticing manner. "(Clan name) BadAss HardcoreTastic mode Server" for example.....

Upvote 0
I really have mixed feelings about what the new names should be, but like several people have said, at this point, it won't make much difference and may cause confusion.

But ... how about the kind of names you get in the single player skill levels, so if we name them according to the kind of players we might expect, we might have:

Action ---Recruits
Realism---Veterans
Classic----Heroes

I know! Realism isnt really less difficult than Classic, but Realism is for more experienced players, and Classic just would sound epic!

Upvote 0
Ideally, Realism and Classic wouls share the same core gamplay. The only difference between these modes would then be the progression system. Then the modes could be renamed to:
Realism - Progressive (replaces current Realism)
Realism - Standard (replaces current Classic)

Defining this shared core gameplay is the real task ofcourse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0