• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you think scrakes will ever get fixed?

Maybe it wont have the insta kill that it has when its fixed, maybe it will get the stun, then have to shoot it two more times to down them. (Just like how zekers can stun, then swing a few more times to kill it)

Thats the only way I can see it balanced if the head shot is no longer on its shoulder, and is actually on its thick skull

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe it wont have the insta kill that it has when its fixed, maybe it will get the stun, then have to shoot it two more times to down them. (Just like how zekers can stun, then swing a few more times to kill it)

Thats the only way I can see it balanced if the head shot is no longer on its shoulder, and is actually on its thick skull

hey sounds like a fun challenge, but I'm pretty sure the game uses some sort of numerical values to represent the interaction between my crossbow bolts and his thick skull, let's call them "damage" and "hitpoints" hypothetically just for simplicity's sake.

now as I understand it, developers use a system to work with these numbers, we can call that "math". this is a very complicated and confusing way of organising those values, I don't fully understand how it works myself, but someone once told me that they can be arranged in a certain order that makes some greater than others.

and supposedly, when this number of "damage" becomes greater than the number of "hitpoints", it means that the scrake is now dead. so if we suddenly made it so that he did not die, when this "math" is telling us that he is in fact dead, then all sorts of crazy things could happen. I'm not sure what but it probably wouldn't be good. like make the game blow up or something, possibly break your cpu. sounds very dangerous, I would not want to disobey this "math".

Upvote 0
well if you've ever played with a sharpshooter that knows what he's doing, then that's exactly what you would be seeing all game, unless there was a berserker in the immediate area to take care of them.

it's important for them to know this either way, since in late waves you will often see groups of scrakes attack at once, something that even a good berserker would have a tough time dealing with unhurt, unless your guys have flawless execution in teamwork. in which case the sharpshooter would no doubt be helping him out as much as possible.

Upvote 0