• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

do you like tattoos in RS2?

do you like tattoos in RS2?

• yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • no

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • kinda,but they need some work

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters
Overall, I find them fine, though non-full body tattoos would be nice as well. Again, I like both. I don't want one for the other though.
To be honest the only one I see appealing out of the ones you suggested was the anchor, and only playing as a marine :) . The idea of smaller tattoos does appeal to me, though only on the arms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The sort of look like the stick-on ones kids get. I had a look through the other post of Vietnam photos but could only find one US soldier with exposed skin after looking through about 10 pages. Most shots of soldier were when they were behind lines so I guess they liked to nude up only when in combat.

Upvote 0
US Army has always been vary anti tattoo. If a soldier did get one I sure hope it was somewhere it did not show when wearing uniform. Having massive full sleeves and stuff would be quite the abnormal thing back then. Until just recently you could not even join the Army if you had stuff like that. On the other hand you got your butt drafted and sent over yonder, went to hell with the regulations as what can they do? Send you to Nam? But that guy probably would end up with permanent poop burning detail. Maybe even get his pay with held. There is a reason its hard to find old photos with guys with crazy tats.

Marines where not as strict. But I voted the sort of. I think many of those tats are over the top and reflect a modern view. For the NVA/VC side I have no clue where they where at historically. Hope its not like Japan where the only folks tatted up where in organized criminal gangs. Old crusty navy and Marine types that I have seen with ancient tats are way more "primitive". It was probably just a guy in the unit with a tattoo gun and to much time on their hands.

I would vote for more subtle tats based on period stuff. Get that vibe more going. Leave the over the top stuff out or at vary high unlock levels.

Upvote 0
Beskar Mando;n2280803 said:
To be honest the only one I see appealing out of the ones you suggested was the anchor, and only playing as a marine :) . The idea of smaller tattoos does appeal to me, though only on the arms.
yeah i posted this pic,just to show what size im -ok- with,(small,subtile) http://imgur.com/Ahl2JrI.and don't worry about the design they are just bunch of tats stickers from Pixlr ;) im sure a tattoo artist can do a far better job with some real period correct stuff.

Upvote 0
The current tattoos are pretty fukcing shti. I assume they're placeholders? They look so fake and shiny like they're stickers instead of needled onto skin. If they're going to include tats then they should research tats from that time and make them subtle. The Vietnamese ones are alright but seem a bit over the top and large. Did Vietnamese even like tattoos? Seems more of a Cambodian thing, I dunno. Just saying.

Upvote 0
Survii;n2281260 said:
1- They are too glossy
2- I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed tattoos in the US military?
Not during Vietnam, at least minor ones. Though the current tattoos are pretty large aside from a few of them. I mean the US was sending people with glasses into Vietnam, from that standpoint I doubt they'd have an issue with draftees having tatoos.

Upvote 0