• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DLC and updates idea.

I would personally rather have that people would have to pay for singleplayer content and obtain everything for multiplayer including skins. (as skins in a game as RO means the ability to better counceal yourself).

Yes, definitely.

I just dislike the idea of paying again for a game I bought already

If the content is included in the game and you pay for the unlocks, then I agree. But If the developers keep making content, post-release. Following your logic, they could go: Why would we make more content for a game that we already made?

You would be paying for the extra support... (if you want)

if TWI is going to make us pay for content, just make me pay an extra couple of dollars at retail instead of later.

I definitely agree with this, I think its an idea Zets once had, of a special edition that costs more, but grants you free access to all of DLCs in the future.

Upvote 0
I for one will pay for quality poslished maps. I do not understand why pc gamers refuse to pay for new material. I would rather give my money to companies like TWI who support pc gamers. I'm willing to pay for new maps of quality.

We as the pc community have been spoiled by free stuff too long. There's a reason why many companies are abandoning the pc platform. Sorry for the rant, I can't stand those people that steal games, movies, software and etc. It's wrong! Compaines don't make money they don't make good products. If you do...don't tell me about it. :mad: lol

Upvote 0
We are used to getting free stuff for a reason, continued support for a game increases its install base. If a company is seen to do right by its customers it gets a better image, thereby increasing sales in the long term.

Piracy is just as big an issue on consoles as it is on Pc's, industry's just blow it out of proportion. You must realise not all piracy counts as lost sales, in fact it can increase sales.

Upvote 0
In my opinion, there should be no DLCs whatsoever, an expansion.. perhaps, but given the fact there will be two to three (free) mods coming right out of the gate,

Dont be so sure about that. The head of Tripwire ( bearded fellow) said they will take the good mods, redo polish them up and sell them. He said it in one of his videos, I believe it might be the Russian game convention or something.

people buy dlcs because they're morons. i would like to see twi not reward stupid behavior.

thank you.

So you like doing work for free?

I like to get paid when I work, I will buy a DLC if it is worth it ( COD BLOPS First Strike) but I wont buy a DLC if it is released within a month of game release or if it is DLC ( Disk, Locked, Content). If you cant drop $15 or what ever for new content on a game you enjoy then you need to find a better hobby.

Piracy is just as big an issue on consoles as it is on Pc's, industry's just blow it out of proportion. You must realise not all piracy counts as lost sales, in fact it can increase sales.

Piracy is an excuse devs use when their ****ty game doesnt sell. I dont know about you but I cant buy every game I want to. Pirating a game that I wasnt going to buy to play and and then buy it at a later date if I enjoy it seems logical to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We as the pc community have been spoiled by free stuff too long. There's a reason why many companies are abandoning the pc platform. Sorry for the rant, I can't stand those people that steal games, movies, software and etc. It's wrong! Compaines don't make money they don't make good products. If you do...don't tell me about it. :mad: lol

uh let me stop you right there "we" is not a good thing to say as we are not everyone, everyone is different so saying we is kinda pointless. i don't wanna pay for **** because it **** it isn't made with quality and frankly why should i buy that, however assuming its good content then why am i paying for something that was free, company were making plenty of money what they do before dlc expainsion packs whatever you wanna call it, it was free. piracy isn't really the problem is the lack of quality in games. most people who pirate games aren't gonna pay for them anyways. thats what they don't see.

the point is that when you give people power and/or money they don't let go of it they take more of it.

its not that its bad that they make moeny but a trend that means when you have kids you'll be paying even more for games that are worse than this one. because of this little equation. (or your grandkids depending on how old you already are.) :IS2:

Upvote 0