• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Discussion]How will the SS be in the future?There are too many guns for SS now.

Actually in the game:
9mm pistol
Handcannon
Lever Action
Crossbow
m-14

Weapons that actually fall under the Sharpshooter category:
Handcannon
Lever Action
Crossbow
m-14

Mods that may make it to the game:
MK23/dual (also not sharpshooter only weapon)

mods that wont make it to the game:
M44 bayonet
SA80 DMR
M99 anti-material rifle
M24 sniper rifle

Just because its out there doesn't mean its going to be added to the game. A mod simply existing does not make it a sure thing to be added.

Just because a sharpshooter can use it effectively does not make it a teir weapon for the perk (much like grenades aren't a teir weapon for demo).

Also:
Idk why there is such a huge number of sharpshooter mods out there. I certainly don't understand why such a huge percentage of the playerbase has a massive love affair with this class, and I'm assuming its because a large number of gamers have hardons for snipers in every online game I've ever played.

This. I've always hated Sniper classes in FPS games, they're boring and slow to play, and annoying to die to. I much prefer movement/rushing classes like Scout in TF or Zerk in this game. It makes for more exciting gameplay.

Reactions: Fail-o-wisp
Upvote 0
This. I've always hated Sniper classes in FPS games, they're boring and slow to play, and annoying to die to. I much prefer movement/rushing classes like Scout in TF or Zerk in this game. It makes for more exciting gameplay.

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

No offense to anyone who plays as the Sharpshooter or other sniper classes in other FPSes or real-life snipers working in the army, but they should change the name of 'Sniper' to 'Troll'.

I seriously don't understand why anyone would bother sniping down something when you can enjoy hacking off someone's limbs, let the blood spray all over you and gun them down to Swiss cheese.

Upvote 0
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

No offense to anyone who plays as the Sharpshooter or other sniper classes in other FPSes or real-life snipers working in the army, but they should change the name of 'Sniper' to 'Troll'.

I seriously don't understand why anyone would bother sniping down something when you can enjoy hacking off someone's limbs, let the blood spray all over you and gun them down to Swiss cheese.

I personally like all perks at this point (doesn't mean I'm good with them all, but I'm happy enough using them), so I can see both sides of the argument; on one hand, there is the instant gratification and extreme kills of such classes as commando, support, and zerker.On the other is the SS. The SS is a more rewarding class in some respects, it just feels a lot more powerful and taking the beast down with precision gives a unique brand of entertainment for some.

Now both ways are alright, but you have to respect the other side. Once again, some people just are entertained by different things.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I personally like all perks at this point (doesn't mean I'm good with them all, but I'm happy enough using them), so I can see both sides of the argument; on one hand, there is the instant gratification and extreme kills of such classes as commando, support, and zerker.On the other is the SS. The SS is a more rewarding class in some respects, it just feels a lot more powerful and taking the beast down with precision gives a unique brand of entertainment for some.

Now both ways are alright, but you have to respect the other side. Once again, some people just are entertained by different things.

Sorry ....... it's just that I've played too many games when I'm Berserker ....... I'm rushing towards a nice group of Gorefasts and BAM! BAM! BAM! all Gorefasts die of headshots. And on a side note, being bodyshotted as a Medic in TF2 is not fun ..... not fun at all.

Upvote 0