• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

disassembling a clip magazine

Do you know what you're talking about? You NEED to use a tool for the K98 trap door.

I very clearly stated several times that I'm unfamilar with the k98, so no, I don't.

For the Mosin though, it' s a snap. You can use your finger to pop it open, it's how I usually empty the mag of mine at the range if I have to for whatever reason.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for all the responses!

Thank you all for all the responses!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-orMKpVycI]YouTube - Crysis - Nano Suit Features[/URL]

This is a video from the game Crysis, showing the use of a menu that opens when you hold in a button. While you hold down the button the direction you look in freezes, and you will be instead of looking around choosing the different menu options by moving you mouse.

Using such a system you can easily make it so then if you hold down the reload button instead of tapping it, you get a menu like in crisis that opens up, you can then choose between 4 menu options:

1: dissemble a clip (automatically disassembling any non full clips instead of any full clips available)

2: Reloads rifle with singe rounds.

3: Taking a stripper clip and sliding some of the bullets off into the magazine
(As described by Fogger23m here on the top of the tread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=37096

4: Empty entire magazine (Only with variable execution times with different rifles.).
(One can press reload afterwards to reload with a new magazine (Doing it this way will stop the player from being forced to spend a long time continuously working with the rifle in case of close quarters combat incurs)

Ps: thanks for the heads up on the old tread of this topic.

I propose this because it will please the players wanting this new mechanic without annoying the ones who do not want it. So both sides win.

Upvote 0
And who wants to keep track of a bunch of half-loaded clips?

You'd never really know how much ammo you have.

You don't. You're not supposed to memorize how many bullets you have left.

As for keeping track, the same way you do with magazines.

Would be a great feature to see added in.

IMO, this would be the best way to do it:

1) You open the bolt. If you currently have a round chambered, this will eject that round. So you can't use it. You then take a new clip, slide a few bullets off to top it off, then put it away. Close the bolt, and you are good to go.

They're attached on a hinge. You open it up, ammo drops, you snap it back in.

That how it is for the Mosin. I would assume the K98K and G41 would be the same.

Upvote 0
You don't. You're not supposed to memorize how many bullets you have left.

...What? I don't know about you but I find that sort of information to be essential.

That how it is for the Mosin. I would assume the K98K and G41 would be the same.

On Mauser rifles the floorplate requires a good level of pressure on the button and is generally something you *don't* tinker with unless you're cleaning.

You might as well disassemble the bolt and bust out a cleaning kit while you're at it.

Upvote 0
Generally i always know howmany bullets i have. But unless im in a heavy defensive position i never run out of the 9+1 clips you carry with you every live.

So as long as when you reload you use the full clips first you wont run into an amount of bullets issue. And for the other bullets you could opt to never reload and always know exactly howmany you have.

Upvote 0
On Mauser rifles the floorplate requires a good level of pressure on the button and is generally something you *don't* tinker with unless you're cleaning.

You might as well disassemble the bolt and bust out a cleaning kit while you're at it.

I dont know wich Mausers you owned untill now, but it was verry easy to take a round, press it on the button, slide the floorplate off and let all the rounds fall down with all Mausers I had in my hand.

Of course its faster with a mosin, but those sometimes tend to lock up the last round as it is in a ready position and wont fall out unless you push it down a bit.

I'd say its a lot easier for any WW2 rifle to just bolt through the remaining rounds than to open the magazine and let them fall out.

Upvote 0