• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Difficulty Starting the Game

I have recently decided to return to Killing Floor, but I have a major problem:

Sometimes, when attempting to start Killing Floor, it shows the little loading box per usual, but moments after it opens up the game itself it crashes a number of ways. It will just keep throwing new errors at me until I reinstall the game- even if I restart my computer or verify the game cache.

I will try and capture some of these errors in the future, but I was wondering if I might have missed one of the easy fixes? I went through the stickies, but maybe I missed it.

EDIT

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2196 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (2932)

Error setting display mode: No acceptable display modes found (D3D_OK). Please delete your KillingFloor.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- FindBestMatchingMode <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Here is another:
Runtime Error!
Program: [Killing Floor.exe]
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information

Also, reinstalling has started to not work

Last edited: