• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

devs - please fix control options

SkinZ187

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
please allow us to not have to use toggle for crouch and aiming down sights.

please allow us to bind different keys for use / bandage / cover.

these are just basic control options that really effect the game for certain people. i can understand why this hadnt been looked into with all the other issues... now that alot of the major issues are being updated/fixed, is this something that will be fixed?

I completely agree! However, for now you can just use this for HOLD ADS.

If you go to Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config and open the ROInput.ini file, look for the [ROGame.ROPlayerInput] section.

Replace:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Toss",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

With:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Ironsights",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

Save the file and you will now have to hold your Ironsights button to ADS. There is only one single word you must replace to do this. If somehow you botch the edit and need to fix things, delete the ROInput.ini file and launch the game; this will create a new ROInput.ini file for you, but you will lose your configurations and need to complete them again.

Also, there's a small bug with this that sometimes you will get stuck in ADS, just melee and it will fix itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm usually the other way.
I must have toggle crouch and zoom.
And most FPS now days have hold to aim and crouch without no toggle support.
So I'm happy for them to put toggle as default.
But yes, "hold to" option should be there along with stance down and up instead of crouch and lay down toggle.
It is a PC game. Freedom of keybiding is a must.

Upvote 0
Also, there's a small bug with this that sometimes you will get stuck in ADS, just melee and it will fix itself.

Wish I'd read this somewhere much sooner. I can't tell you how many times I've been killed because the only way around this sticking issue I had found was to stand up and sprint a couple of feet.

Now I won't have to expose myself to that blasted MG when this happens. Thanks :D

Upvote 0