• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Devs need to add REAL default keys.

SgtH3nry3 said:
So how do you lean actually?? :p

Lean for me is usuall Q and E....but since there's no lean in RO I use them for those things. (there isn't a lean is there? Cause I've been playing RO since it came out for ut2k4 and never noticed a way to get leaning, if there is i'm goin to kick my own ass...)

If there's a lean for RO:Osfront then I'll remap them and have Q/E for leaning.

Upvote 0
The_Countess said:
basicly the only thing they should REALLY do is set iron sights to the right mouse button. for a features used so much setting it the I key is just completely ludicres.
even if you change nothing else changing that would help a lot.
it will probably save us from the a lot of the "what no crosshairs? how do i aim?" stuff.
im perfectly willing to help new people but a good decent default key layout would just save everybody so much effort.

Actually, I believe that the default key for ironsight in RO is middle mouse button. This has been the case for me the several times I've had to reinstall. :)

Upvote 0
The_Countess said:
yes because the arrow keys are on the wrong side of the keyboard!
unless you mouse with your left hand that is.

j00!

I'm a southpaw. I don't really care about default keys because I need to rebind everything before I start playing.

For me it's the keypad, though, not the arrow keys.
mouse1 = primary fire
mouse2 = prone (used to play an mg in DoD 3.1b and I haven't been able to break myself of this habbit)
mouse3 = use/pick up weapons
mouse4 = fire select
mouse5 = drop weapon
kpdel = bayonet
kp0 = duck
kp1 = sprint
kp2 = back
kp3 = ?
kp4 = strafe left
kp5 = mic
kp6 = strafe right
kp7 = jump
kp8 = forward
kp9 = ?
kp+ = reload
kp- = last weapon used
kpenter = alt fire

can't remember what the other keys are. Mouse wheel is default. In DoD kp3 & 9 are bound to swim up and swim down. When leaning comes into the game I might rebind mouse4 & 5 to lean left/right respectively. Meh, we'll see.

Upvote 0
Well, as many others have said, the only adjustment devs need to make is to move the IS button away from I.

As for my bindings, they are pretty regular. But I'm pretty sure I'm the only one using a dance mat to play RO :)
Well, I only use it for two buttons - Forward and Run. That way, when crossing long distances, I can just rest my foots on those two buttons :)
Oh, and it feels much cooler to drive a truck around using your feet :)

Upvote 0