• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Could anyone who has already finshed the game help me?

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Could anyone who has already finshed the game help me?

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Sadly, there is no option to deactivate mouse smoothing, which seems to be he number one case of input lag in games. Never have understood the reason of it exisiting other than to piss me off.

Strangely though, amping up the sensitivity to about half of the slider made the mouselag bearable, for some odd reason I can't explain.

Have you tried this:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/de...how_msgs.php?pid=944090&topic_id=m-1-60125192

Also turning SSAO from high to medium eliminated all the mouse lag for me.

Upvote 0
Have you tried this:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/de...how_msgs.php?pid=944090&topic_id=m-1-60125192

Also turning SSAO from high to medium eliminated all the mouse lag for me.

Thank you, I have just tried that. The controls are a bit better but there is still some underlying acceleration. Still, somewhat better now.

Changing SSAO to medium did nothing for me though.

I guess I am the only one with that problem, but it pops up in games from time to time: Everytime a game gives me the option to not kill anyone, I feel strongly compelled to do that. In Metal Gear, in Splinter Cell... And now Human Revolution, I am given all this wonderful toys of destruction and carnage but my conscience wont allow me to use them! That is just cruel, dear developers!

I heard somewhere that the non-violent way of playing gives the most exp, but in the end, they only give me even more stuff to kill people with.

I cannot decide whether I should love or hate games for that very reason ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The game is great. It does a lot of things better than the original, such as the stealth and the voice acting. Its gameplay is a lot more fun and challenging because you die in 1 - 4 hits, the health regen is very slow, the AI is smart and the stealth is line of sight-based rather than shadow-based. And Adam Jensen is a great character IMO. I'm really enjoying it. It's definitely a worthy successor, a true Deus Ex game.

Probably GOTY for me.

Is the game rather bug free?

Yes. It runs great on my old PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just watched the Making-Of. You can really see how passionate all of them were and are. Deus Ex is definitely one of my favourite series of all times. If they manage to make the next one more emotional(like all those cgi trailers) and have a bit more connection to Deus Ex 1(in terms of timeline, characters etc.) it would win the universe(only rival being HL3).

Upvote 0
What kind of DRM does this game have? Does the Steam version only have Steam for DRM?

And what about bugs? Is the game rather bug free?

Can't say I came across any bugs and if there was DRM it worked well enough to not be noticable at all.

Really the only issue I had with the game was how a couple of the main elements worked poorly with a hacker/stealth type character. I ended up having to do a couple of cheeky things to get past the last two bosses.

Oh also accidentally killing one of the main plot characters by throwing a dead body at him was quite amusing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just completed it, superb in places and bad in others.

It's probably been said 100 times but the boss fights were terrible but they were easy after Yelena as my stats were buffed enough by then. Started going down the hacker route on med difficulty and by the end had pretty much maxed out most of the augments upgrades so the last two boss battles were pretty easy.

The world was well realised and had lots of interesting things to read and felt believable. The plot started with promise but felt clich

Upvote 0