• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] Depth of Field has to be a ingame option.

JojoTheSlayer

Oct 21, 2011
If its one thing that gives you a advantage in a multiplayer FPS game its turning off *depth of field because you can move your eye around the screen scanning for targets without it being out of focus. Having it on is also a added handicap because most people do not have screen that envelop their whole actual real life peripheral vision. Meaning they actually see their whole screen in focus in real life and peripherally more at the sides of the screen, speakers, keyboard etc...

Most veteran PC gamers will be able to edit the ini file if they want it off, but most noobs will not and I find that a bit unfair. With DoF on there is just to often you get shot from "somewhere" without knowing it as apposed to having it off.

*(Tries to simulate ingame the effect that stuff your eye is not focusing on/peripheral vision/longer ranges etc will be out of focus)

Reactions: [TW]redeye
I second this post. I had to turn depth of field off in my game because for some reason, every time I died and started spectating, the person I was following was out of focus while the background was in focus. It was extremely irritating. I also got about a 10fps boost without it on, although I'm still experiencing god awful performance with the game. Why Tripwire didn't think of these things ahead of time is beyond me...

Upvote 0