• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Delayed damage in VS.

Vi-Pe

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Finland
I was playing as a scrake in the VS mode and there was a zerk coming at me. Did a ton of dmg to him but his hp didnt go down, in the end he killed me but at the same time he also died. He had full hp, so I believe the dmg I did to him earlier didnt do anything until I died.

Same here. I played as Zerk, everyone in team died and I tried to escape with low health. Being pursued by players gorefast and crawler. Gorefast was left behind, but crawler ran faster than me (24 lvl zerk)! I killed crawler player and in next second I just died with no reason. I guess this delayed damage happened to me too.

Upvote 0
It seems like the cause of the bug is the player zed's client thinking it has hit a survivor but doesn't send it to the server until the player zed dies; causing all the additional hits the client thinks it did gets sent to the server all at the same time.

It seems odd that the server doesn't check the hits with lag compensation when they get caused.

Is it possible that this bug could be exploited by a client forging fake hits and then suiciding their zed to cause all the fake hits to be sent to the server; thus causing all the damage to be applied to the survivor targeted by these hits to take the damage?

Upvote 0