• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Decided to play again...

Damn, I'm sorry I posted it then, I'll even remove it if you want. Everything someone does arround here seems to be trolling I guess. I've been misinformed then, jesus it's the second post today in which it seem to be trolling, I need to cool down. :rolleyes:

Ok, it looks like you weren't and so I am sorry for my preemptive counter trolling flame thrower.

But outside of the tone I was being serious about 24fps and whatnot. To see it with your own eyes (pun intended), go to local Bestbuy or any other large electronic retailer, and check out any TVs with 120hz and compare them to 60hz tvs.

Upvote 0
Also as I stated I get 35 fps and STEADY - thus the smooth as silk. Fluctuation is what is bad - any STEADY over 30 fps is FINE, the key is getting that steady.

For me to get 50+ and STEADY and this is with an Nvidia Card 480GTX to be exact.

Use your Nvidia Control Panel and simply check it to be HIGH PERFORMANCE. Check Triple Buffering and be sure if you ONLY have 1 Monitor it's set this way. Play with the settings and by doing so you can literally see the differences either by more FPS or graphics etc. within game.

Then in game UNCHECK - Vsync, Bloom, Occlusion, if your hardware supports it CHECK PHYSX and set game to HIGH instead of ULTRA.

Then change your AA to FXAA Medium. The game runs twice as fast and even smoother with those settings and the game still looks incredible and you won't really notice that big of a difference graphically from Ultra.

For those that want to try locking a frame rate then you CHECK Vsync because then it tries to stay at your monitors refresh rate and most flat panels are ONLY 60HZ which would result in NOTHING OVER 60FPS.

People also need to know what Vsnyc is especially if they want HIGHER FPS. You also have to be sure that settings MATCH between what your driver is doing and what your games are doing. Biggest issues are conflicts between the two. If you can set your DRIVER TO EVERYTHING APPLICATION CONTROLLED then you do everything in game or you can tweak everything in driver and so on your choice just be sure they match.

One of the heaviest hitters I've seen to FPS is OCCLUSION either enabled in driver or in game. Turn off on both.

Also try the BETA Nvidia Driver 285.38 which I've been using for last two days. Believe it or not they were made to improve problems with BF3 for those arguing about their perfect game... LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Roztig死;917715 said:
That's false, maybe you should do research on the human eye before your start stating false information.

Not really it isn't. The frame rate is a little flexible, but I have never heard of anyone that could reliably see (and understand what they are seeing) at frame rates higher than 120hz. You can see a difference, but you aren't seeing the individual extra frames. They are just adding more timely detail to the frames you do see.

Upvote 0
Well, you don't have a high end PC, maybe you expect too much from it?

I don't think My specs should warrant me these frames.

Well, if my PC can play ArmA II on high (Not ultra) at a solid 40 FPS. And BF3 maxed at 50 fps; I would expect more frames than what I am getting whilst playing RO2.

Before the game came out, I was expecting it to perform like BiA: Hell's Highway -- which played at a constant 60 fps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Damn, I'm sorry I posted it then, I'll even remove it if you want. Everything someone does arround here seems to be trolling I guess. I've been misinformed then, jesus it's the second post today in which it seem to be trolling, I need to cool down. :rolleyes:

Well, you asked for it. Comparing movies to videos games and saying 24 fps is "smooth". Smooth is 60 at the lowest and 125 at the highest, for me. It's not about how many frames my eyeballs see, but how the game "feels". If I'm playing at 80 fps my performance can take 10-20 fps drops in open areas and big fights and still feel smooth.

Upvote 0
Well, you asked for it. Comparing movies to videos games and saying 24 fps is "smooth". Smooth is 60 at the lowest and 125 at the highest, for me. It's not about how many frames my eyeballs see, but how the game "feels". If I'm playing at 80 fps my performance can take 10-20 fps drops in open areas and big fights and still feel smooth.

True indeed.

Upvote 0
I don't think My specs should warrant me these frames.

Well, if my PC can play ArmA II on high (Not ultra) at a solid 40 FPS. And BF3 maxed at 50 fps; I would expect more frames than what I am getting whilst playing RO2.

Before the game came out, I was expecting it to perform like BiA: Hell's Highway -- which played at a constant 60 fps.

Your not maxing battlefield 3, the ultra textures are not present in beta

Upvote 0