• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

(Debunked) Day 1 purchase now to receive pre-order bonus

SharkBoy266

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 20, 2020
I hope that the skin is only available for pre-orders digital, day 1 and physical. It should be like a badge of those who were there in the beginning. I get it that we have to be fair but those who are late to the shark party get eaten...

So, here is the official comment from Tripwire comfirming that digital pre-order peeps will get the skin. However, it is unknown if this is actually an official exclusive skin or if it's actually just an early unlock. I'd be disappointed if it's just an early unlock but guess it's better than nothing?

EDIT:
Denunked by dev. The bleak statement turned out to be something that meant totally different.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-14-18-21-21.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-14-18-21-21.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I wish those who preordered it on epic would get the skin. However I would also be happy to buy it after launch along with any other content they make available.
Yeah, everyone who pre-ordered it or buys day 1 deserves it free in my opinon regardless of platform or physical/digital but I also think it's fair to charge for the skin to those who didn't buy the game at launch or pre-order since they likely wait for a sale or reviews rather than being first support for the game. Just my thought.

Reactions: Rafzakael
Upvote 0
I wouldn't feel left out. I have an Xbox too but there isn't any reward for pre-order on Xbox either. I'm left feeling that physical copy owners are rewarded and digital owners are being punished. Strange way to encourage customer loyalty. A great shame.
The Tiger Shark Adaptation will at some point come to the digital version probably shortly after the game is released. As for me I've got the physical copy preordered from Gamestop and I paid $10 more so it arrives on release date and I'm also downloading the game from Playstation Store. Got the physical version for my PS4 Pro. The regular PS4 is getting the digital conversion.

I'm getting the physical dvd version for both the tiger shark adaptation and so I can display it. I collect shark stuff. It will be displayed next to my Jaws Unleashed Disk.

Upvote 0
I just don't think it's a smart move to make the Tiger Shark skin free to "everyone", just to be nice.

There are too many people on Steam claiming they'll pirate it, a pre-order & Day1 (Launch) bonus should be just that, a reward to those who put trust into Tripwire. Otherwise, Tripwire will be rewarding those who buy on sale, pirate and other things. Along with that, the number 1 fans who buy on Day1 or pre-order feel betrayed if it's going to be given to everyone later.

Someone on Facebook said it might be just an early unlock. That woud suck seeing how that's not what we were told lol

Upvote 0
I just don't think it's a smart move to make the Tiger Shark skin free to "everyone", just to be nice.

There are too many people on Steam claiming they'll pirate it, a pre-order & Day1 (Launch) bonus should be just that, a reward to those who put trust into Tripwire. Otherwise, Tripwire will be rewarding those who buy on sale, pirate and other things. Along with that, the number 1 fans who buy on Day1 or pre-order feel betrayed if it's going to be given to everyone later.

Someone on Facebook said it might be just an early unlock. That woud suck seeing how that's not what we were told lol
I wouldn't mind if they sold the skin after launch. Anything to make the game a success and give us a sequel. If they do produce a second Maneater however I would hope they do a collector's edition next time. And they keep the series centered around our shark / offspring.

Upvote 0