• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Dead Island

Or maybe because I read some info about its characters that reminded me of Borderlands (a game I love), like the specific skill tree for each one and a tempting deal.

Edit: anyone knows if that store is safe/legit?

In my experience, neither safe nor legit. Besides the rumors of the possibility of getting your steam account shut down(hasn't happened to me), they seem to be selling the same keys over and over again, as some steam keys haven't worked, and non steam keys I've bought have been banned after some time. Real bunch of jokers.

My advice is don't go near that site.

Upvote 0
Hmmm Damn, ROHOS aug 30, Tropico 4 sept 1, Dead Island sept 5. Gonna be NUTZ.

Also just heard about Farcy 3, which actually looks decent. still holding out for modding on that game, and will probably wait till after release for reviews & possibly a sale. ( I got burned on FC2 )

I am actually really interested in this game. Everything I've seen so far seems to show a semi stalkerish rpg ( weapon upgrading & such ) yet zombie experience. Which could be VERY awesome, or actually very linear and crappy while advertised as "open world" * cough mafia II *.

Upvote 0
hmm steam has 4 packs on for 149.97 usd, which comes out to $37.5 per copy. IIRC if you buy a pack like that as a gift to your own email and then send the game to people the game key can only be seen by whoever opens up the game.

I'd be up for buying some 4 packs if people want to save some dosh. ( Call it 40$ usd per game because of paypal fees ).

failing that do we have any russian members who want to be gift whores? Its on sale in motherland for 22.50USD when bought in 4 packs.
ffs russia: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2012034

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So how is this game like Fallout 3 with zombies? Is IGN correct on this? I only started to 'care' about this game when I read that...maybe that was the point of the statement. But I still don't get how its anything like Fallout 3 besides the side-quests...which I thought there were zombies everywhere? How is there chances for side missions...are we saying this is a zombie game with people other than the player character are not yet zombified? Recently the zombie craze has been pretty much MP, L4D and Killing Floor for example. No story, no people outside of PC and his allies pretty much.

Upvote 0