• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Damage and Death

I'm sure this will be in some way possible to implement, though maybe a bit tricky.

This is not a suggestion about bleeding, however, i think the system of death in RO could be improved a bit. What I suggest is say, that a player has taken a rifle bullet or 4 smg bullets, whatever would be considered to pretty much incapacitate the player, instead of having the player die straight away, have a sliding scale of death. So if a player is shot in the head death is instant, but a rifle shot to the stomach would start an invisible 'death timer' so the player has 5-20 seconds or whatever is deemed sensible, where his vision and ability to move and perform tasks is greately reduced.

I think it is slightly unrealistic when i am shot in thigh by a rifle man and i instantly die.

This is not bleeding so injuries that are deemed non lethal will not start any death clocks. If the hitbox system were more accurate then say a rifle shot through the heart would incapacitate instantly, whereas a glancing shot to the chest would not do anything.

Any comments will be appreciated. sorry if this has been mentioned before.

In RO original, incapacitated = dead. It's more unrealistic to be shot with a rifle in the leg and still be running around. In real life you wouldn't be doing much. And if you got shot with a Kar in the thigh, you most likely would never walk again without assistance of some sort.

But your whole "realistic" argument is put to bed once you suggest that you should still be able to fight after being shot in the stomach.. For some reason the video game community in general qualify gut shots as "non-vital" even though they are almost always fatal, and certainly always painful. You get shot in the stomach and you aren't doing anything or going anywhere. It might take five minutes to die, but this is a game, it's not practical to make someone sit there for five minutes after getting hit in the stomach.

IMO, the dying when you're incapacitated makes the most sense, lending itself both to gameplay and realism.

Reactions: Timppaface
Upvote 0
hand-grave-2.jpg

Reactions: Timppaface
Upvote 0