• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CTD's, GPF's, Critical Errors etc...any fixes coming up?

Paajtor

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2006
The Netherlands
youtu.be
Now that the free-trial is over, you guys at Tripwire should have plenty of error-reports and log-files to have a go with.

I had many issues with ROOst...GPF's, CTD's, BSoD's, lockups, and even an occasional spontaneous reboot.
I posted some GPF's as requested.

I did all of the tweaks and recommendations I could find overhere, and managed to reduce the amount of issues to a few/evening...getting the latest DirectX (August '06) gave the best improvement.

I'm wondering...is Tripwire getting anywhere with all the information?
Have you discovered a pattern?
Can we look forward to an update, to cope with these issues soon?

ROOst is sortof playable and enjoyable for me right now, but the issues prevent me from starting to look around for any tournaments, for example.

I have a fresh install on my computer, from Windows up and have not applied any of the Tweaks and the game is running very well thank you.

I suggest applying the Tweaks only if you have map loading, or timing out problems, which are in most cases due to limited ram.

amd 3000+ 1.25 gig ram, 6600 GT.

I did apply the tweaks when I had 512 ram and they helped quite a lot, so the Tweaks are recommended if that is your case.

Upvote 0