• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CTD/ Ro2 has stopped working

luke688

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2012
Osaka
So I will be able to play Ro2 for about a round and a half at best before my game freezes up and crashes to desktop this problem is constantly occurring without fail every time, anyone know of any temporary fixes? any help would be much appreciated.

System specs:

GPU: Nvidia GTX 560ti
CPU: i5-2500k
500gb HDD
4gb RAM

Last edited:
I will advise you some,

- open your case to look how much dust lies over your gpu/cpu?
- you installed the last videodriver and did you that correct? (using drivercleaner?
- Do you have the last sounddriver?

Did you take a look into your logbook of windows?

Drivers are all upto date to the latest versions and I don't see how dust is causing the problem when this is a fairly new build (Arma 3/crysis ect all run flawlessly on my rig so overheating is ruled out its just Ro2 causing these problems it seems). thanks for the help though any other recommendations for a fix are welcome

Upvote 0
So I will be able to play Ro2 for about a round and a half at best before my game freezes up and crashes to desktop this problem is constantly occurring without fail every time, anyone know of any temporary fixes? any help would be much appreciated.

System specs:

GPU: Nvidia GTX 560ti
CPU: i5-2500k
500gb HDD
4gb RAM
Except for Win 7 64 and 16Gb RAM I have about the same machine. Mine runs flawlessly. I might offer two things to look at. What version graphics driver are you using? And what audio are you using? (realtek on board or a dedicated card.)

Upvote 0
Ok so I installed the 320 drivers and the same problem is still occurring, but when I tried to install the new realtek drivers I got this:

Any ideas what to do?? I cant see how my comp fails the minimum requirements when the original drivers with the disc installed fine...
You may have tried to download the Win 7 64 bit version of the software...(if there is one). The realtek site is kind of hard to negotiate and figure out. Check that you are after the correct one.

And as R5CYA suggests, it wouldn't hurt to check your ram.
If you don't have it, why not download memtest and run it.. [URL="http://www.memtest.org"][url]http://www.memtest.org[/URL][/URL]

Upvote 0
Ok so I installed the 320 drivers and the same problem is still occurring, but when I tried to install the new realtek drivers I got this:

Any ideas what to do?? I cant see how my comp fails the minimum requirements when the original drivers with the disc installed fine...

Are you trying to install an IvyBridge version on a SandyBridge CPU?

If I look at the address bar in that screenshot, then it says IvyBridge, but I believe (not 100% sure) that the i5-2500K is a SandyBridge CPU.

Upvote 0
Ok so I updated the realtek drivers with the correct update, my comp has about 150gb left on the harddrive and 4gb of RAM (3.46 GB of which is usable). But this problem is still persisting so anyone else got any more ideas? I was thinking about installing a fresh copy of win7 64 bit as I have an extra stick of RAM. hopefully that might remedy any possible memory problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so I updated the realtek drivers with the correct update, my comp has about 150gb left on the harddrive and 4gb of RAM (3.46 GB of which is usable). But this problem is still persisting so anyone else got any more ideas? I was thinking about installing a fresh copy of win7 64 bit as I have an extra stick of RAM. hopefully that might remedy any possible memory problem.
if it were me, i'd do it.

Upvote 0
Problem with RO2

Problem with RO2

Okay...not sure what has happened, but when i try to get into RO2...like the hundreds of times I have before, I either get kicked out because it says the "Steamer has timed me out" or I see hardly anyone playing RO2...what has happened??? I tried Steam's server list as well as going direct to the game...come on, you guys...this should not be made so difficult. If it is the Rising Storm introduction...how about doing that AFTER you ensure that the new game will not screw up the good RO2???
These are the screw ups that make people leave the game.

Upvote 0