• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis 2 ZOMG SPECULATION!

Somalian high sea piracy won't do it. Of course PC piracy damages the PC platform...
And everyone who downloads the leaked copy is a pirate. What is it you're saying?
That because maybe a member of the Crysis dev-team is (partially?) responsible for the initial leak either as an act of betrayal or simply through carelessness (which is a matter of degree, the extent of which we know nothing about) that it's suddenly legal and acceptable to download it?
It's faquing piracy. And that's what they called it. They didn't say a damn thing about the PC platform or fans thereof and they certainly didn't blame PC gamers as such for anything. I really have no idea what part of the quote in your earlier post upsets you.
To me and many other people as you can read pretty much everywhere it sounds exactly like Crytek is accusing pirates of the leak when it was not just partially but completely their fault. But instead of admitting that they actd carelessly(putting that pc pirating quote at the end of the statement) they justify it as if some pc pirates hacked them and released the game on warez sites which was obviously not the case. And now this will have me sound like a pc elitist but if it had been the 360 version that was leaked then you certainly wouldn't have seen that sentence with 360 instead of PC.

Upvote 0
To me and many other people as you can read pretty much everywhere it sounds exactly like Crytek is accusing pirates of the leak when it was not just partially but completely their fault. But instead of admitting that they actd carelessly(putting that pc pirating quote at the end of the statement) they justify it as if some pc pirates hacked them and released the game on warez sites which was obviously not the case.
Minus the hacking that's exactly what happened. And just because the ***-hat who leaked it was on Crytek's pay-roll once and thus had easy access that didn't involve hacking doesn't mean he's any less of a thieving, treacherous scumbag than if someone from the outside hacked his way to the beta.
He's illegally spreading software he doesn't own so he's a pirate. And everyone who's downloading it now or spreading it is committing an act of piracy as well. And that's all they said.
To break it down further: Even though we just established that piracy is the problem, let's ignore the leaker's status completely for a second! What do you think actually does damage? Someone leaving the beta in the open, with no takers to be found? Or the thousands of clowns who're torrenting the build? Exactly.
There is not a thing wrong with them mentioning pirates.

And to the last tid bit in the quote: You know why they mentioned the PC specifically? Because people are downloading and spreading the leaked PC version. Simple, really.

And now this will have me sound like a pc elitist but if it had been the 360 version that was leaked then you certainly wouldn't have seen that sentence with 360 instead of PC.
I think EA puts out enough crap so we don't have to attack them for things they may or may not be inclined to say if a situation may or may not have happened in some hypothetical alternate reality. How about the Deadspace 2 DLC debacle?

Just to have some more fun with the quote: This may make me sound like a cellphone elitist but I think they neglected to mention the cellphone gaming market and development community because they only care about the PC! First they leak the game on the PC and we get nothing and then they release a half-assed port with 2d graphics and ****ty controls for their cellphone fans!
Damn PC ruining everything. :trollface:

Upvote 0
I still don't understand why you're so on fire and provocative but ok. The thing is that especcially publishers always proclaim how piracy is killing the pc game market and use that to justify design/support cuts. Your arguement doesn't work because that's the same thing as saying if nobody would fight in a war there wouldn't be any wars.

So I'll repeat myself: The problem isn't people downloading it, but the leak itself. If there was no leak then there wouldn't be people downloading it. EA/Crytek wasn't careful enough and therefore it's also their fault. I too despise of the scumbags who are currently downloading it, but there's nothing you can do about that. So with the fault lying in Cryteks hand, it's completely inappropriate to put that anti-piracy phrase at the end, because the way they put it offsets many people, because whether they mean it that way or not, it gives the impression that they're justifying their own fault by shouting at pirates which in this case do nothing special.

If I leave my appartment door open when I leave for work just to find half of my stuff missing when I return later on then it's my own fault too.

Upvote 0
I said it because its the truth.

Art direction > engine.

Comparing Crysis 1 to the screen shots and videos I have seen of RO2, I think that Crysis 1 looks considerably better.

The part in bold has to be one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet in a while. You can't compare the art directions. One game takes in a futuristic sci fi setting while the other takes a realistic look on a historic war. Of course the art direction will be completely different.

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
The thing is that especcially publishers always proclaim how piracy is killing the pc game market and use that to justify design/support cuts.
So you are paranoid and you're extrapolating statements that aren't there because you heard keywords (piracy and PC, both of which belong there) and your alarm bells went off and you smelled the ole "you pirate so we give you bad support" routine. You think that's what they're saying because that's what "publishers always proclaim" and you get angry even though it's not what they're saying in this case.

This is why I'm provocative about this. Because I've had enough to people always crying about being offended before they even ARE offended.

First it was "Boohoo, don't blame the PC community. We're not all pirates you know". When confronted and pointed out that it's only the pirates they're complaining about, not the PC community it's "Boohoo, don't blame piracy. You leaked it!". Now that we're almost at a point where we can slowly see clearly enough to get that piracy is to blame or at least is a word for what is happening it's "Boohoo, so maybe you didn't say it this time, but other times you did! I think."

Still a couple of pages to go until we can close the file on this and agree that there is literally nothing offensive in the quote whatsoever.

If I leave my appartment door open when I leave for work just to find half of my stuff missing when I return later on then it's my own fault too.
Not in my opinion! It's still the criminals who're ruining the neighborhood and stealing stuff and not you, as stupid as it may have been to leave the door unlocked. Reasonable protection (to stick to the DRM parallel: No auto-turrets that shoot the mailman too and not just burglars) may be in order, but it's still the criminal who is a criminal when he takes what doesn't belong to him. Or would you also say Stardock are the real pirates because they released their game without copy-protection?

Doesn't really matter who robbed your house though because the person who leaked the game IS a pirate. A pirate formerly employed by Crytek but a pirate nonetheless. Whence saying that piracy does damage makes perfect sense. Note: They didn't say "the people who use torrent sites. All of them!" or "the hackers who hacked us and got past our vast defensive setup" or even a simple "those who download our crap"! They said "piracy". To get back to your house-example it's like saying "theft put a dent in my purse". I honestly don't get why anyone could construe some devious message from this ala "I left my door unlocked and my fans are to blame for some *** stealing my stuff and that's why I'm doing a lousy job at work". Or something.

But we can of course agree to disagree.:)

And I apologize for picking on you specifically.

Upvote 0
Comparing Crysis 1 to the screen shots and videos I have seen of RO2, I think that Crysis 1 looks considerably better.

The part in bold has to be one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet in a while. You can't compare the art directions. One game takes in a futuristic sci fi setting while the other takes a realistic look on a historic war. Of course the art direction will be completely different.

Sci-fi does not justify cars and ambulances looking like toys.

Reactions: O'Shannon
Upvote 0
So you are paranoid and you're extrapolating statements that aren't there because you heard keywords (piracy and PC, both of which belong there) and your alarm bells went off and you smelled the ole "you pirate so we give you bad support" routine. You think that's what they're saying because that's what "publishers always proclaim" and you get angry even though it's not what they're saying in this case.

This is why I'm provocative about this. Because I've had enough to people always crying about being offended before they even ARE offended.

First it was "Boohoo, don't blame the PC community. We're not all pirates you know". When confronted and pointed out that it's only the pirates they're complaining about, not the PC community it's "Boohoo, don't blame piracy. You leaked it!". Now that we're almost at a point where we can slowly see clearly enough to get that piracy is to blame or at least is a word for what is happening it's "Boohoo, so maybe you didn't say it this time, but other times you did! I think."

Still a couple of pages to go until we can close the file on this and agree that there is literally nothing offensive in the quote whatsoever.

Not in my opinion! It's still the criminals who're ruining the neighborhood and stealing stuff and not you, as stupid as it may have been to leave the door unlocked. Reasonable protection (to stick to the DRM parallel: No auto-turrets that shoot the mailman too and not just burglars) may be in order, but it's still the criminal who is a criminal when he takes what doesn't belong to him. Or would you also say Stardock are the real pirates because they released their game without copy-protection?

Doesn't really matter who robbed your house though because the person who leaked the game IS a pirate. A pirate formerly employed by Crytek but a pirate nonetheless. Whence saying that piracy does damage makes perfect sense. Note: They didn't say "the people who use torrent sites. All of them!" or "the hackers who hacked us and got past our vast defensive setup" or even a simple "those who download our crap"! They said "piracy". To get back to your house-example it's like saying "theft put a dent in my purse". I honestly don't get why anyone could construe some devious message from this ala "I left my door unlocked and my fans are to blame for some *** stealing my stuff and that's why I'm doing a lousy job at work". Or something.

But we can of course agree to disagree.:)

And I apologize for picking on you specifically.
Then watch out with whom you're talking in which way because you should know that I'm not a hating pc-elitist. No point in discussing this any further because our basic approach to this is completely different, so let's stick with agree to disagree.

Upvote 0
Sci-fi does not justify cars and ambulances looking like toys.

You must be looking at a different game than I am, as the cars certainly don't look like toys to me.

960491_20101104_640screen004.jpg

960491_20100614_640screen001.jpg

,J-Z-240479-3.jpg

About innovation:

Because they are not...

And how is RO2 innovative? Aside from animating the crewmen moving around inside of the tank, I can't think of many new and unique features that RO2 brings to the table.

Doesn't mean it will be a bad game (RO2 is just what modern FPS games should be like), but you're arguments/points are very hypocritical. :)

All that being said, I doubt this game will be as good as the first for reasons I've stated many times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got it as a gift and did play it all the way thru. I kinda liked the non-alien parts and the graphics, but I knew I was a bit bored when I would spend 1/4 of my time just shooting the seagulls out of the air or punching structures to pieces. Most of the alien parts were kinda sad... advanced aliens that almost always had to physically kill you instead of shooting you with their advanced technology?

I thought it actually had potential but towards the end I kept thinking..."Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Upvote 0
Well, first person cover system would come to mind for example

Its been done before in Killzone 2. :)

Graphics aside, did anyone actually like the first Crysis to where they thought the money they spent was justified even somewhat?

I spent $30-35 on it. Worth my money. It was entertaining enough to make me play through it 3-4 times. The editor is fun to mess around in to. Play the campaign/first mission through with an LAV-25, and spawn a tornado on the enemy positions. :D

Crysis Wars was great for an FPS in terms of online gameplay. It could have been tweaked to make it better, but it was good as it is.

Upvote 0
About innovation:

And how is RO2 innovative? Aside from animating the crewmen moving around inside of the tank, I can't think of many new and unique features that RO2 brings to the table.

Doesn't mean it will be a bad game (RO2 is just what modern FPS games should be like), but you're arguments/points are very hypocritical. :)

All that being said, I doubt this game will be as good as the first for reasons I've stated many times.

Damn it, you wrote exactly what i was thinking.

Please enlighten us Fedorov.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe you trolls should read this thread more often and stop messing with people.

Your ignorant disregards to HoS makes me wonder why you even come to this forum.

i've been thourgh that list more times i can tell, and only unique things i can find is the interactive tank interior and iron sights for snipers, all the others have been done in some form before.

When we had you cornered, we automatically became trolls :rolleyes:

PS.. U MAD ?

Upvote 0