• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis 2 ZOMG SPECULATION!

Zips

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
Rapture
totalgamingnetwork.com
I've never been much a fan of Crysis, but it seems disappointing that they've gone the corridor shooter route instead of having a vast open game world like the first games.
Now that I have a good PC, I actually reinstalled Crysis (the original, not Warhead) and played through it again on maxed out settings.

What I got from that was Crysis was an excellent game that I feel was underappreciated due to its crazy system requirements. People weren't really able to enjoy the game for what it was. I'm not saying that it was necessarily groundbreaking in terms of gameplay, but the overall experience was fantastic -- delivering truly suspenseful and smart gameplay with incredible production values and scale. The story was cliche, but was delivered exceptionally well with fairly believable scenarios and pacing. The game really demonstrated that they developers put alot of care and love into it, which I wasn't able to appreciate until after I got past the technical performance barrier.

But, while I came away from the play through with a big respect for the developers, I also felt a sort of sadness for what Warhead later did, and with what Crysis 2 looks to be doing -- turning the game into a formulaic, corridor shooter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dcode
Upvote 0
I completely agree with the post above. For a modern FPS game, Crysis 1 and Warhead where amazing. Crysis Warhead/Wars where great to, aside from how they seemed to drop mod support for both games.

And now Crysis 2 does seem like a CoD style shooter, both in the SP and MP. When I watched the MP gameplay videos the game went from "buy" to "buy when it is $10 or so".

Though I didn't actually get a chance to watch the video in the OP, too bad it is gone.

Upvote 0
Sucks for Crytek. I can imagine that it must be awful to have all the work you put into this game and then it gets leaked 2 months before release. The damage must be huge. Hopefully the consequences for Crytek won't be too big.

BUT now that I just read their statement, they can go to hell ->

Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the series’ signature Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion. Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community.

How exactly is it the PC communities fault when some of the Crytek/EA Staff is corrupt and put it on the internet? The game wasn't even pressed yet, it must've been someone on their end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could you stop taking everything that has the word "PC" in it personally? They weren't referring to you and your circle of PC gam0r buddies.
Besides, the whole quote doesn't say a thing about who's fault it was. Just that "piracy" is damaging the market and the devs who want to make money on said market. Can't really argue with that, can you..

If there's one thing I hate about this century it's that everyone's constantly on the look-out for something they can feel offended by. Now if you excuse me, I heard someone mutter the word "fat" in the kitchen and I suspect they're talking about me behind my back.

Upvote 0
Lol wut? You should know better about my opinions, I'm not one of the PC-elitists who hate everything else.

And of course they try to make this sound like the leak was the pirates' fault, otherwise they wouldn't put that sentence there. The truth is that someone among their own people obviously was too stupid to keep it secure.

Upvote 0
Piracy REALLY hurts the industry, but not in the way most people think. The real problem is that it punishes the independent and small studios.

Those studios are already expected to sell much less than a big company that sells millions of overpriced units of a crappy title, and spend most of their budget in marketing. So a pirated title of a game like Red Orchestra, for example, damages 10x times the industry than a pirate copy of a CoD, for example.

Piracy don't even scratch the shields of the all powerful companies, but really pushes down the innovative companies that don't yet have the budget to compete.

Is not like the industry will disappear, in the end, the REAL damage to the industry, is that we'll see more AAA crap and less good stuff (or that good stuff counting with a smaller budget).

My blood ****ing boils, when I talk to someone about a TWI game, and he asks: "but does it work online?" and no, the question does not mean if the game has online or not... It makes me sick that when I talk about something I love, and the answers and questions I get, involve stealing it. **** you.

Specially in some places (south America, southern and eastern Europe, Russia and Asia), piracy is like a ****ing sport. Seriously, when you talk to someone about getting a game here, "downloading" its the general assumption.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Reactions: timur and Dcode
Upvote 0
Lol wut? You should know better about my opinions, I'm not one of the PC-elitists who hate everything else.

And of course they try to make this sound like the leak was the pirates' fault, otherwise they wouldn't put that sentence there. The truth is that someone among their own people obviously was too stupid to keep it secure.

They just said they want people to wait and buy the final product rather than illegally download the unfinished version. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Peter.Steele
Upvote 0
Graphics look kinda fake. HOES look much more real.

Wow. It only took to the second post for you to go into "TWI Promotional Robot" mode.

Peggle Extreme? "Hoes looks much more real."

Tiddliwinks? "Hoes looks much more real."

A ball and a stick? "Hoes looks much more real."

You need really to find a new tag line.

I enjoyed Crysis. It was nice to have several different ways to play through an area. I agree the major fun of the game, playing it the way that works before for you, kind of goes poof when you stick people in corridors. I hope that doesn't turn out to be case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0