• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Crash on start in full screen mode

fdsdh1

Oct 22, 2012
Hello when I try to start the game in full screen mode it will crash
when I try to go from windowed to full screen mode in the game settings it will also crash

my screen has a 1366x768 resolution

the game works in windowed, but it doesn't seem to be able to get into 1366x768, it just crashes every single time

this crash is somehow caused by screen resolution

I have no problems with any other games

Nvidia GeForce Experience is my only means of accessing the game atm as it is the only way to revert back to windowed mode without having to turn the game on, which doesn't work
now with the nvidia thing I can mkae the game run windowed in 1366x768, however if I try to change to full screen this will still cause a crash.

I have already deleted all of the files which are stored in my documents
I have verified game cache and there us nothing wrong with it

I don't want to uninstall because it will take >6 hours or more to download everything again

here is some specs but I don't think they will help with this problem
Nvidia 800 series card
Intel i5
8GB Ram

Last edited:
UPDATE

have gone to Nvidia Control Panel and disabled integrated (intel) graphics
the game will work in full screen but at a rubbish resolution and aspect ratio

I can get a decent resolution and aspect ratio by accessing the control panel whilst the game is open and choosing 'auto-select' graphics processor

the game will work fine

however if I turn the game on and off again the crash comes back again, and I have to repeat the process again (start game with only Nvidia selected->choose auto-select->adjust resolution->play)

Nvida 840M
Intel(R) Integrated HD Graphics 4600

Last edited:
Upvote 0