• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crash at the very 1st launch

Emeritus1974!

May 11, 2017
Just got the key and installed.
After installing the anticheat software I tried to launch the game and I got a persistent error:

Impossible to find ingress point -crtCreateSymbolicLinkW of the procedure of dynamic link MSVCP110.dll

I don't know where the crashlogs are... if you can tell me what the folder is please... and... please advise on what to do to solve this.

Reactions: Dadavolo
(BUMP!)

http://support.tripwireinteractive.c...hang-on-launch

I am not sure this could be a problem with the EasyAnticheat program. What I get is an instant crash at startup then I get a 10011 error (which has no reference on the easyanticheat website). The documents/my games/Rising Storm 2/ folder does NOT exist.
A problem with the steam installer?

I'm trying to launch the easyanticheat install/repair/uninstall program but RS2: Vietnam is not listed among the games. I am totally lost here.
Could be a Windows redistributable problem as well but without tech support I doubt I'll find the solution... hence the post.

Can an admin come forward please and help me out?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solved:

Reboot computer

Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rising Storm 2\_CommonRedist\

=> Install ALL the setups you find in the subfolders, right click on them, install as admin if possible.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rising Storm 2\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rising Storm 2\_CommonRedist\DotNet\3.5\dotnetfx35.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rising Storm 2\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.1\NDP451-KB2872776-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rising Storm 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2012\vcredist_x86.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rising Storm 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2012\vcredist_x64.exe

From Steam User killroybgb :)

Upvote 0