• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Content creation times

[...]

So please, rest assured, we have not stopped working on KF2. We’re not slacking or having a party or counting cash. We are making the game, because this is what we do and what we like to do.
Know that QA did not take 3 weeks off, there are no finished features or content being withheld, we do read posts and we want to get more content out as much as you want to see it.
"Thanks for those words of inspiration."

Thanks for letting us all know. This sure informs us greatly and renders patience even greater ;)

This is good news and a great message to the community. But let's be honest: Somebody HAS to count the cash, you can't hide that :D

I also look forward you TW to take our ideas and suggestions into consideration AND convert them into changes, like we, the community and the majority think it fits better than it is now :) There are quite lots of things to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Thanks for those words of inspiration."

Thanks for letting us all know. This sure informs us greatly and renders patience even greater ;)

This is good news and a great message to the community. But let's be honest: Somebody HAS to count the cash, you can't hide that :D

I also hope you take our ideas and suggestions into consideration and convert them into changes :) There are quite some things to do.

Cash counting..... now THAT sounds like fun. LOADS OF MONEY!

Upvote 0
I can only imagine the amount of patience it must take to not only go through the several months of content creation (which in itself is a pain, I can relate), but at the same time have to deal with the "omg iz not dat much werk, gib updet pls." throughout the community. I'd go crazy.

Upvote 0
Nice to have more knowledge on the development process to clear things up, also props for mentioning rumors and expectations since let's be fair, there's a lot going around regarding content and so forth.

Although to be honest, while I'll admit I have very little personal insight into game development it's slightly hard to believe it takes 10 people and 50 days to make a character, voice acting I understand can take a long time but I would of assumed it'd take maybe 20-ish days or so of work. Eitherway,
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As the developer's words are filling the air, a few people in the background are starting to hang their heads. Torches are being extinguished and pitchforks being dropped on the ground. The sad-looking individuals turn around and slowly walk away in different directions. The disbanding of the group is accompanied by a soft murmur of voices:

"All truth and no lie makes complain group a dull group."

Although to be honest, while I'll admit I have very little personal insight into game development it's slightly hard to believe it takes 10 people and 50 days to make a character, voice acting I understand can take a long time but I would of assumed it'd take maybe 20-ish days or so of work.

I think 'developer days' are meant as man-days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We really appreciate this kind of detail and feedback from you guys! After taking several software engineering courses, let me just say that I totally get it when it comes how long projects take. Trust me, I get it. :p For those of you who doubt their figures, you really don't know how excruciating software development can be. Also, it feels really cool knowing what you're talking about when it comes to agile and waterfall methods...

Anyway, serious respect for the amount of man hours you put into new content and bug fixing.

Upvote 0
And to add ontop of NonCom's numbers - QA time/iteration (its broke, attempted fix, still broke, attempted fix, broke in a new way, attempted fix, working! - oh we broke this other thing by fixing that...) can happen as well as - This doesn't work the way we intended in testing, can we modify the design to reach the desired goal, or should we scrap and start anew?

Also the meaning of life is 42, or was that how many roads a man must walk? Either way, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Upvote 0