• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Constant Disconnecting

blueyandicy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 24, 2022
I doubt I'm even gonna get a response at this point bc of how old this game is, but this is getting ridiculous. No matter how hard I try, Killing Floor randomly disconnects in games. Sometimes I'll go a whole game without it, and today I managed to disconnect within the first 15 seconds. It is absolutely insane, and I've browser old forums for hours with NO answers. Everybody who has had the same issue never replied to the goddamn thread. To illustrate, I'll go through a list of everything I tried.
  • Asking the steam forums (got told my wifi was garbage when it's literally 70 mbps/s)
  • Uninstalling and Reinstalling Killing Floor
  • Playing on a different computer (same shi)
  • Playing on a different network
  • Deleting All Cache files and disabling Pre-Caching (it managed to crash once with the cache.ini literally empty lmao)
  • Reconnecting using the console (Once in a game I disconnected and reconnected 3 times. I love losing all my money and my weapons.)
  • Waiting longer then a minute to join any game
  • Adding servers to favorites and joining from there
  • Using the steam browser to connect to the game
  • Uninstalling all workshop items
  • Verifying cache (why is it that everytime I verify the damn cache it reaquires the same file, KFMOD.ucl or some garbage. Is this meant to seem like it's actually doing something??)
  • Browsing through every forum post here and on reddit relating to the same issue (why do people NOT RESPOND IF IT FIXED THEIR ISSUE 😭)
  • Defraging my HDD
Sorry, but I'm at my WITS END. The amount of hoops I'm trying to jump through to play this goddamn game that's half a decade younger then me is ASTOUNDING. I mean look at the .log for christ sakes!

Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'Jump' not found for mesh 'Crawler_Freak' ScriptLog: PostNetReceive calling HitHealTarget for location of 2035.00,-246.00,-889.00 ScriptLog: KFPlayerSound.Malebreath Log: AttachToBone: No bone named [Shell_eject] found in actor SPSniperRifle's skeleton. ScriptLog: A tab with the caption Help already exists. Log: URL: Adding default option Class=Engine.Pawn Log: URL: Adding default option Character=Police_Sergeant_Davin Log: URL: Adding default option team=1 Log: URL: Adding default option Name=blueyandicy Log: Browse: Index.rom?disconnect?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Police_Sergeant_Davin?team=1?Name=blueyandicy Log: Failed; returning to Entry Log: GP=FALSE Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport
It LITERALLY JUST GOES FROM GAMEPLAY TO NOTHING WITH NO ERRORS! There's never a notification popup, and doing stat net reveals that everything goes to 0 and then dies. Everyone starts walking into walls, I can shoot infinitely, and all my fun is killed. Please please please please PLEASE, for the love of all that's holy, if you have any idea what the hell is going on or have any type of solution or even a fix I could try it would be SO appreciated. This game is so fun but I literally can't play Hell on Earth if I disconnect while healing a teammate and lose my 1400 pound gun.

Upvote 0