• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Company of heroes

this demo is much much better than the other beta one - obviously! :)

you can play the campaign missions on all difficulty levels, more cut scenes, ambient sounds

runs much better, not a memory hog now, even less memory than the MP beta.
and you get a single 1vs1 skirmish map where you can play any side on any AI difficulty and with full tech trees etc

quite a feature packed demo! Will keep you busy for a while

performance test works properly now - I get an average of 35 fps, low of 17 and high of 98 running at 1280x960 with everything on max settings, texture on ultra, no AA - on my P4 3+gigahertz 1 gig memory, Gainward 7800GS+ 512 meg video card (basicly a 7900GT in AGP format, but I o/c it to 500/700 speed just under GTX specs)

Upvote 0
one thing, you can't swap starting positions in the Skirmish mode like you can in the MP beta. Yes you can swap sides, but Allied and Axis always start from their default positions unless you choose random start position

in the MP beta you had a button to swap starting locations - I wonder if this is just a demo thing or if the retail is the same.... bummer if that's the case :(

That adds a lot of extra milegae, along with the 3 different doctrines

----

tank traps and barbwire are your friends in skirmish :)

I like to use em to funnel the enemy into a minefield...and then setup AT guns and mg nest in a crossfire at that location...:cool:
The Axis camo'ed AT guns works better in this way. A sniper also helps too.

I just finished a Victory point control game against an easy AI, as Axis, where the Flak 88 was a godsend for defense!
Now to try it on Normal level....
Now the AI was using the para command tree, he could have easily done a recon flight and dropped Para squads behind me to take out my defences... see if he gets better in normal thinking wise...

I can't wait for some better AI mods like in Dawn of War

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've got a complaint!

SEED YOU ****************** SEED! RELICS TORRENT IS THE WORST EVER, no one is upping and as soon as they are done they turn the torrent off. That is not how it SHOULD work!
Leecher kiddies can kiss my ass, you guys are horrible and may burn in hell for you ***************

Thanks for your ignorance, I actually upped more than I downloaded.

Upvote 0
The more I play, the more I find vehicle pathing (and AI in general) absolutely horrible. Aside from that, no real complaints.​

Well, lag caused by people lying on the beta app saying they have top-notch systems when they're running a 2 year old Compaq would be a complaint, but that's not Relic's fault :p

on the new demo or MP beta?

I found the vehicle AI in the new demo much improved over the MP beta!
At least they no longer ass up move when I right click and drag a movement order and facing

I'm hoping the DOW skirmish AI mod team takes a stab at this
especially since I hate playing against humans....they rush, act like smacktards and drop on you!
Plus the current AI knows where all you units and defensive stuctures are, it doesn't have fog of war and do any spotting. Notice how when you build tank traps, the tanks will never even approach that path? Seems like it anyway, but somtimes not. Who knows...
Why can't we get a learning AI like in TA spring? :)

Upvote 0
The lack of multiple tanks is depressing, all the germans have is the stug and tiger I believe. I might play again except be more reserved and hold onto one victory point and build up a huge defense. I know it won't work though.

lol?

Germans own so hard with their tanks! The Panther, Panzer 4, Flaktank totally own. In fact, many people believe German tanks are making this game unbalanced. If you do not rush as an ally in the early 15 minutes and put pressure on the Germans you most likely are gonna lose if the German player knows what he is doing. Use the Blitzkrieg doctrine and you'll know what I am talking about, 250 ammo for 900 manpower is insane. The "Flaktanks" mow through infantery, at guns and the panther can take on 2 Shermans or 2 Tank destroyers.

Are you sure that you are building all/the right factories?

Last edited:
Upvote 0