• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Commandos: the most useless perk ever?

1) what makes you think I purchased the game? :cool:
2) what makes you think I purchased the game on Steam? :cool::cool:
3) what makes you think I play it through Steam? :cool::cool::cool:

PS: Stats are stored in your local HD. See file named stats.bin. ;)

Oh well you are saying you pirated this game? And if you bought a non-steam version, well its your problem cuz i bought the Steam version and my hard-drive had to be replaced. I didnt loose my perks and achievements.

P.S. I wouldnt admit that i didnt bought the game but i'm able to play it. Also i wouldnt make that smiley if i would have lost all my my xp :cool: :p

Pirating is bad
shot00785.png

Upvote 0
Oh well you are saying you pirated this game? And if you bought a non-steam version, well its your problem cuz i bought the Steam version and my hard-drive had to be replaced. I didnt loose my perks and achievements.

P.S. I wouldnt admit that i didnt bought the game but i'm able to play it. Also i wouldnt make that smiley if i would have lost all my my xp :cool: :p

Pirating is bad
shot00785.png

that

Upvote 0
dude, my perks are level 2 because i had to build the from squat since I had to format my hard drive a couple of months ago. Before, I hadd all perks on level 4, except for berserk, medic and commando (commando lv 3, Berserk lv 2, and no demolitions).

i reformatted my hard-drive in addition to upgrading from vista to windows7 on my laptop and xp to windows7 on my desktop. my perks are all the same as there were before i did that.....wonder why?

oh, cause stats are saved on Steam servers, that's why if you aren't logged into Steam and instead are playing offline (without internet connection) you won't have your perks and you won't be able to level.

pirates used to get hanged in the old days :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is that boredom guy funny or what?:D

"I'm so cool, I pirated my way to lvl 2 commado after I lost my pirated lvl 4 commando, now I know all about what is useless, bow to my pro-ness"

Man, you got a number to hire you? For hacker kid birthday parties or something?

Now thats entertainment.

(Also::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: <---I'm looking about 3 times as clever and smug as anyone else in this thread so far! Woot!)

Upvote 0

"I'm so cool, I pirated my way to lvl 2 commado after I lost my pirated lvl 4 commando, now I know all about what is useless, bow to my pro-ness"

Man, you got a number to hire you? For hacker kid birthday parties or something?

Now thats entertainment.

(Also::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: <---I'm looking about 3 times as clever and smug as anyone else in this thread so far! Woot!)

^^^This is *thumbs up*

Upvote 0

Now thats entertainment.

+rep for win

Upvote 0
nope, I ve busted 50 bloats on hard difficulty with 2 canisters. LV 3 firebug has a 140 capacity canister. Not to mention that fire grenades are deadly as hell.

In my opinion effectiveness goes like this:
sharpshooter > support > demo = firebug > medic = commando

Uh

SS
Support
Commando
Medic
Berserker
Demo
Firebug

Medic is in the middle simply due his godly lvl 6 armor and speed. Berserker is better than demo for many reasons which I cant bother listing cause they should be rather obvious. Demo is better than firebug cause he can take out big guys too which firebug cant do without wasting half of his ammo capacity.

Maybe you should try playing the game a bit before trying to tell us which perk is better than the other. Saying stuff like "I took out 50 bloats with flamer" doesnt make firebug good, youd still have to waste a ****ton of ammo while commando could kill them all with bullpup and without reloading his weapon beetween. Yes, the firenades are very good but youve only got 3 of those and they arent going to safe you from scrakes and fleshpounds.

Im not saying the firebug is useless, its just not as strong as the other perks. The only thing he can do REALLY well compared to other perks is taking out large groups of little pests when they are up close or surrounding you (=firenade). Everything else the other perks can do better.

Upvote 0
Uh

SS
Support
Commando
Medic
Berserker
Demo
Firebug

Medic is in the middle simply due his godly lvl 6 armor and speed. Berserker is better than demo for many reasons which I cant bother listing cause they should be rather obvious. Demo is better than firebug cause he can take out big guys too which firebug cant do without wasting half of his ammo capacity.

Maybe you should try playing the game a bit before trying to tell us which perk is better than the other. Saying stuff like "I took out 50 bloats with flamer" doesnt make firebug good, youd still have to waste a ****ton of ammo while commando could kill them all with bullpup and without reloading his weapon beetween. Yes, the firenades are very good but youve only got 3 of those and they arent going to safe you from scrakes and fleshpounds.

Im not saying the firebug is useless, its just not as strong as the other perks. The only thing he can do REALLY well compared to other perks is taking out large groups of little pests when they are up close or surrounding you (=firenade). Everything else the other perks can do better.

I dont even know how to play demo even I get it to 6lv.

I cant even kill a gorefast with a nade of 79 or 32. And I dont really have that much ammo to spam nades on gorefast which is only some kind of "small zeds".

And fire bug is not effective against fps and scrakes but this perk works really good to kill anything else just like commando. However commando can see stalkers and health of zeds which makes commando much more useful.

Upvote 0
I dont even know how to play demo even I get it to 6lv.

I cant even kill a gorefast with a nade of 79 or 32. And I dont really have that much ammo to spam nades on gorefast which is only some kind of "small zeds".

And fire bug is not effective against fps and scrakes but this perk works really good to kill anything else just like commando. However commando can see stalkers and health of zeds which makes commando much more useful.

Honestly, I love demolitions, but I rarely play it because it makes me feel like a nuisance more than anything else even when I am sticking to covering one side/area/hallway/etc. I understand that high-powered explosives need ungodly amount of smoke, but even when I'm doing great as demo, I still get this feeling that I'm just annoying the hell out of my teammates.

With firebug, at least the only people that will complain are usually Sharps if you light up skrakes/fps for whatever reason (I never understood this since I've always had an easy enough time headshotting them through fire). This is ignoring the fact that you're arguably one of the most useless classes on Suicidal since you need to unload a ton of flamer fuel to do decent damage.

Commando honestly feels...perfectly balanced to me. I'm not sure what to say other than that. It's probably my favorite class along with Support.

Upvote 0
My Solo list.

Medic (easily. speed +armor)
Berserker (easily second. speed +armor)
SS (because of the 9mm bonus)
Support (only because of carry capacity)
Commando
Firebug
Demo

My Group List

Medic
Berserker
Firebug (because he is a force multiplier for the entire group)
SS
Support
Commando
Demo

Everyone talks down the firebug but honestly, I don't think more than 6 people know how to play the firebug.

Sharpie isn't unbalanced. M14 is unbalanced. Every perks except for Commando and Firebug can use the xbow without taking a perk hit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is my ranking:
SS (9mm damage, xbow, duel HC's pretty much can do anything by itself)

Medic (amazing armor + speed, and for you definitely need him in a team, no question about that)

Commando (personally i think this is the best crowd control, although a spamming m14 can crowd control too, i have no respect for them)

Support (welding + extra weight, and the shotguns aren't shabby either)

Berserker (good speed + melee damage, tho i think this class needs to be tweaked to make it better, the amount of damage does not do justice for how close this guy needs to be)

Demo = Firebug (these guys are a tie for me, tho they're fun to play. demo gives too much smoke, yes clear some clots and create some cover for fps while your at it. firebug, they are just too weak, before anyone judges me on it, i have a lvl6 firebug and although it has a lot of power, compared to the other classes, the flamethrower just don't do justice for it to move up on this list)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMO, keeping teammates alive and myself alive is the main factor to win.

So my ranking for the perks are:

ss with any ss weapons (kills everything before anything can do damage)

zerker with xbow (fast enough to run around and help and take less dmg from anything, sometimes can be a shield)

medic with xbow(same as zerker but medic cant kill a crowd of zeds)

support (welding, crowd control, easy to free a surrounded teammate)

commando (crowd control on early waves but commando don’t do enough dmg to 6-man scrakes and fps, health bar of zeds, stalkers killer)

firebug (good crowd control but don’t have commando's advantages and you need to waste ammo on some zeds if you want them die quickly)

demo (probably I don’t really know how to play, it is easy for me to nade myself when a teammate is moving randomly in front of me and I think demo don’t do enough dmg except spamming pipe bombs but I only get 8 a wave, sadly)

Upvote 0
Commando is the best perk for taking out the small stuff and leaving your teammates free to save their ammo/concentration on the big guys.

Yes but most of them don't i find. SCAR = Big boys weapon = I must ignore Crawlers/Stalkers which i can 1/2 shot and instead waste my time trying to beat Sharpshooters wielding 9mm to the Clots/Gorefasts.

Firebug is currently the most useless perk in the game due having only one perk weapon and low ammo capacity.

And the burning being a) great for obscuring view and b) pathetic in terms of damage so the Gorefast is still alive when it reaches you.

Upvote 0